A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
We are looking for someone who can engage with all areas of the business to identify and introduce real business value through improvements to our business systems. This is both a strategic and operational role which need to, on an ongoing basis, assess our systems, their fitness for purpose, make recommendations and drive through the delivery of the improvements, ensuring business cases are met and value is delivered.
Waterstons use many business systems, each delivering a solution for specific business needs. It may be that in some cases we are not using the systems effectively, or we may not be maximising the full capability/functionality of these systems. It may be that we could be more efficient by introducing better integration, consolidation or simplifying our processes/systems; or we might need to replace systems ensuring that any replacement is cost effective and delivers value. Standardisation across the business will be key, where possible, but also acknowledging and meeting genuine requirements from the different areas of the business.
The role requires creativity on how to go about making the improvements with clearly defined business benefit and the ability to demonstration the return on investment where investment is required. The wish list will be endless, will need to be prioritised and expectations managed.
This is an internal role and is likely to be more challenging than delivering client related projects or services; the ability to prioritise, manage, drive things through and deliver change will be key to the success of the role.
Line management will be to the Consulting and Compliance Director.
- Working with the business to capitalise and get value from our existing business systems. Identifying how and what we can do better.
- Advising and developing longer term plans for Waterstons systems, with or without the existing business systems.
- A full understanding Waterstons systems landscape. How the systems interact now and how they will interact in the future.
- Capturing and managing required improvements, the benefits they will provide and the roadmap to achieving these objectives.
- Prioritising and addressing conflicting requirements through effective communication. Managing the agreed programme of work.
- Responsible for the delivery of these business initiatives – setting up effective project teams, addressing resourcing conflicts, governance and ensuring the projects are delivered against plan and agreed objectives.
- Being accountable for their role and objectives. Also holding others to account for the delivery of their commitments.
- A good understanding and grasp of business and business systems, it’s application and with a track record of having implemented business improvements.
- Must be self-driven, decisive, lead and not be led, motivated with the ability to influence. They need to be a good listener (who has empathy) who can engage and challenge in the right way.
- They need to be results driven, and therefore some experience of project and programme management.
- A good communicator at all levels to ensure expectations are being managed appropriately.
- Ability to think broader than the challenge in front of them to ensure the correct solution is being implemented rather than addressing the immediate problem.
- Good presentation and writing skills. Able to lead engagements with the right audience and the ability to manage change effectively.
- Being able to see the bigger picture and know/understand the detail is important.
- A broad understanding and appreciation of technology.
The Waterstons Perks
· As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
· A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
· Unlimited holiday allowance
· Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
· Enhanced family policies
· If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
· Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
· Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.