A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ ’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are ourt greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
A bit about the role
An experienced Technical Security Specialist seeking a new challenge to join our growing Security Operations and Cyber Incident Response team. You will have the opportunity to help shape the company’s cybersecurity services nationwide for a leading IT and business consultancy, supporting national and international clients.
Day to day responsibilities
- Supporting our clients to respond, contain and eradicate cyber security incidents in partnership with our Security Operations Centre
- Helping to improve our existing Cyber Incident Response service and providing mentoring and support to junior team members to raise the skills and service offerings of the team.
- Responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities with clients and prospects, acting as their trusted security advisor to provide them with unrivalled advice and solutions and demonstrating how our wider security offering can add value to their business.
- Working with the rest of the Managed Service and Cyber team, you will deliver projects including analysis of technical information security requirements, guidance on the appropriate technical solutions and deliver of on boarding exercises as part of the Security Operations Centre.
- Keep pace with the latest information security best practice, to provide clients with the best advice.
Some of the skills we are looking for
- Experience working within a Security Operation Centre or similar incident response service and providing effective incident management support to clients. • Highly knowledgeable in technical security solutions including SIEM platforms, EDR tools, and wider technologies required to contain, eradicate and investigate cyber security incidents.
- Experience working with a range of technologies critical to effective security monitoring solutions including IDS / IPS, vulnerability scanning, network monitoring, anti-malware / EDR, VPN, Web Application Firewalls, SIEM and similar security monitoring platforms.
- Understanding of the importance of threat management and incident response best practice.
- Excellent customer service values ensuring the company becomes a trusted strategic advisor to clients
- Experience using range of security tooling such as Kali Linux • Data Forensic experience including experience using solutions such as Encase • Certifications such as CISSP, CREST CPSA / CRT or similar cyber security certifications (beneficial)
The Waterstons Perks
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- EV car scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.