Location: Flexible / UK
Contract Type: Permanent / Full time
Salary: £40-45k pa + Benefits
Job reference: 11/2020
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
As a Data Engineer you will be an integral part of a small, ambitious team that are looking to grow sustainably but quickly. If you’re passionate about data, have a desire to build something sustainable and exciting, want to work with a diverse group of people, then we would love to hear from you. The Data team currently work with several universities and charities, a distributor of frozen foods, a motorway services company and many other businesses.
Responsibilities for the client facing Data Engineer will include-
- Understanding and listening to our clients and delivering appropriate solutions which may include data exports, building data warehouses and developing reports
- Delivering projects in partnership with our clients
- Discuss wider data requirements and proposing suitable architectures.
- Have the confidence to challenge clients and suggesting better ways to solve their problems
- Training small client teams in Power BI
- Demonstrating strong stakeholder management with leadership teams
- Working Closely with other Consultancy teams & clients
We are looking for the following requirement for the client facing Data Engineer
- Database technologies, ideally Microsoft SQL. Querying, designing and building data warehouse, data lakes & data stores.
- Working with ERP / CRM (or other business systems) to find and extract data
- Designing / building ETL & ELT pipelines (really any technology but we use SSIS / Azure Data Factory)
- Multi-dimensional and tabular data modelling
- Visualisation - we're not overly bothered about the tool, to be honest; we tend to recommend Power BI to our clients but we've worked with Tableau and Qlik too
- Project management at a smaller scale
- Gathering customer requirements and turning them into a plan for implementation
- Running training sessions on visualisation tools and/or data literacy
- Experience of master data management, data governance and data strategies a bonus but not essential
An exceptional candidate may have:
- Previous experience of working in a consultancy environment.
- A good understanding of how being part of a consultancy environment may differ from being a member of an in-house team.
How will Waterstons reward you?
We offer careers, not jobs and it’s up to you where your career with Waterstons might take you.
All employees are given a career development platform with L&D opportunities as well as pension contributions, market leading benefits & flexible option packages.
At Waterstons we look for the right person, not just specific backgrounds. You will have a passion for technology, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us.
We recruit people who are committed to our values-based approach and want to develop and prosper in a people first organisation.
This role will be Durham based to facilitate collaboration with the Team once Covid 19 allows us to return to the workplace. Currently we’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination.
Waterstons will make any reasonable adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
*We are ISO accredited and are committed to ensuring and developing our quality standards and measures. This is an important part of what we do to ensure we are continually raising standards.Note: We may require a BPSS check to be carried out either before you start or early in your employment with us, details of which will be sent separately.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application.
For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.