A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
Waterstons are looking for a Finance Assistant to come and join the team. You will be a proactive, creative and dependable person with the opportunity to make a real difference to our customers and colleagues. The focus of the role will be around accounts receivables and credit control but will have opportunities to support the wider finance team and have exposure to other areas. The role would be suited to someone with previous accounting experience and is looking to progress their career with an exciting organisation. The role has scope to develop and expand over time taking on more responsibility. Day to day responsibilities would include engaging with the operational teams to deal with aspects of project accounting, supporting our clients with finance queries and ensuring prompt payments are received as well as wider finance tasks.
Hands on experience working in an accounts/finance team with an eye for detail. In terms of qualifications, a relevant finance qualification would be advantageous however do not be discouraged if you do not have a qualification as suitable experience is equally desired. We would like you to be IT literate with knowledge of MS Office & Outlook and adapt at learning new systems quickly.
Key Skills and Qualities
We’re looking for the right person, not just a specific background. Your softer skills and values are as important as technical skills and knowledge.
- Listening skills and empathy – you’ll have a talent for getting to the bottom of what the real issue is and unearth important details.
- Approachable and polite – you’ll be approachable and helpful to both colleagues and customers
- Organisational skills – you’ll be a key part of a busy office environment and you must be able to organise your time and resources effectively.
- Initiative – you’ll be required to work independently and demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in solving problems.
The Waterstons Perks
· As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
· A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
· Unlimited holiday allowance
· Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
· Enhanced family policies
· If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
· Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
· Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.