A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. With offices in the UK and Australia, our team also work across the globe to provide tailored business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare are some of the amazing things we offer.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
This role will be based in our Durham or London office
As a member of our Cyber Security team you will be working with our clients by supporting and implementing a security strategy that directly adds value to their business.
We’re looking for people passionate about cyber security and data privacy.
Our people are trained to the highest standards in the latest information security best practice and penetration testing. Security frameworks that we currently use include Cyber Essentials, ISO 27000 series, and the CREST certified penetration testing methodology. This means you’ll be involved in challenging and varied work from day one.
Once you’ve developed your client knowledge, you will have an opportunity to develop a specialism within the existing or future domains of cyber security. This could include: risk management, auditing, technical security architecture, penetration testing, incident management, information governance or data privacy. Furthermore you will utilise your specialisms to help shape the direction and future offering of the Cyber Security team. We aim to be a leader in the security field, and our projects always utilise the latest technologies, security frameworks and methodologies where appropriate. Your experience in the above isn’t as important to us as your ability to learn and grow.
We’ve said enough about us, how about you. You’ll:
- Thrive on being a trusted adviser to our clients
- Can convey complex ideas and solutions in simple engaging terms
- Be a tenacious problem solver with creative and innovative ideas
- A team player who loves collaborating with others
We recruit exceptional individuals to aid the future development and progression of our business. You’ll have a passion for technology and continuous learning. There are no restrictions other than your own enthusiasm and thirst for development. We're proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and we’re committed to ensuring diversity and inclusivity. We recruit people who are committed to our values-based approach and want to develop and prosper in a people first organisation. Waterstons will make any reasonable adjustments should you have any disabilities or special needs.
The Waterstons Perks:
- As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
- We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.