A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
As Head of SecOps you will be heading up our growing Security Operations Centre (SOC) and Cyber Incident Response (CIR) teams (jointly referred to as “SecOps”) in partnership with our Service Leads. This will include helping shape the company’s cybersecurity services globally for a leading IT and business consultancy, supporting national and international clients
Day to day responsibilities
- Oversight and strategic direction of our Security Operations Centre and Cyber Incident Response offerings. You will work closely with the Service Leads of these functions and global colleagues to create an overarching strategy to both mature and grow these services internationally. In addition, the role will include helping to mature our existing SOC and CIR services and providing mentoring and support to team members to raise the skills and capabilities of the respective teams.
- You will be responsible for managing the profitable growth of the SecOps team and identifying and developing new business opportunities with clients and prospects. The role will also include supporting the wider team to operate as a trusted advisor to our clients; providing them with unrivalled advice and demonstrating how our SOC, CIR and wider security offerings can add value to their business.
- You will also have the remit to shape the strategic direction of the global SecOps service offerings in partnership with the relevant Service Leads and global colleagues in line with customer demand. In order to achieve this, we expect you to keep pace with the latest cyber security technical developments and cyber incident response best practice. It is also essential to have the commercial acumen required to position our service competitively in the marketplace in addition to managing the investment in new training, technologies and wider initiatives to further mature the service.
Some of the skills we are looking for
- With approximately 5-10 years’ experience in similar roles, you will be educated to degree level or have equivalent industry experience. We are looking for the right person so your passion for investing in people and delivering a best in class service is just as important as your technical skills and knowledge.
- Experience governing Security Operation Centre / Incident Response services and providing effective incident management support to customer / clients.
- Experienced in strategic management and guidance of operational teams in order to mature and scale the existing offerings.
- Good understanding of the importance of threat / vulnerability management and incident response best practice.
- Excellent customer service values ensuring the company becomes a trusted strategic advisor to our clients.
- Experience presenting the outputs of security monitoring solutions including SIEM / Vulnerability Management platforms such as AlienVault, Nessus and OpenVAS.
- Driving licence is a must for this role.
Nice to have:
- Experience of managing a range of technologies critical to effective security monitoring solutions including IDS / IPS, vulnerability scanning, network monitoring, anti-malware, VPN, Web Application Firewalls, SIEM and similar security monitoring platforms.
- Experience of networking and sharing knowledge via public seminars and writing thought leadership articles relating to information security best practice
- Wider technical knowledge of information security standards and best practice including Cyber Essentials, PCI-DSS and ISO 27001:2013
The Waterstons Perks
· As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
· A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
· Unlimited holiday allowance
· Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
· Enhanced family policies
· If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
· Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
· Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.