A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are out greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our Managed Services department, you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor.
Day to day responsibilities
- Working with a wide variety of customers, providing bespoke support services, technical escalation routes and IT service management.
- Involvement in ensuring the successful operation of our clients’ critical IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis.
- Identifying areas where technology can improve their business performance and carrying out the associated technical implementations
- Working with one of our key clients alongside their IT team while being supported by our own technical experts.
- Providing technical escalation for our own service desk while dealing with critical systems within an industrial environment.
- Working alongside Waterstons colleagues delivering resolutions and improvements to several clients.
Some of the skills we are looking for
- Experience in 2nd / 3rd line role support roles
- Key Microsoft Stack: Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Server, SQL, Office 365, SharePoint, SCCM
- Networking (CCNA or an equivalent would be an advantage)
- Unified Communication solutions (Skype for Business & Microsoft Teams would be an advantage)
- Cloud Infrastructure/Platforms such as Azure
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V (Nutanix would be an advantage)
- SAN and Storage technologies
- Backup/Replication Technologies such as Veeam
- ITIL for service management
The Waterstons Perks
- As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance program and private medical insurance
- Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.