Department: Managed Services
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Salary: up to £40k pa + Benefits
Job reference: 21/2021
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Infrastructure Engineer role
We’re looking for the right person, not specific backgrounds. A creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us. We work with a wide variety of customers, providing bespoke support services, technical escalation routes and IT service management.
We’re looking for a technically savvy person who’ll be involved in ensuring the successful operation of our clients’ critical IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis. Whilst also identifying areas where technology can improve their business performance and carrying out the associated technical implementations.
Your role will see you working with one of our key clients alongside their IT team while being supported by our own technical experts. The role is varied and will see you providing technical escalation for our own service desk while dealing with critical systems within an industrial environment. Your role will also see you working alongside Waterstons colleagues delivering resolutions and improvements to a number of clients.
You will be required to occasionally travel between client sites based across the UK while also spending time at our state of the art Durham office.
Successful candidates will have experience in a broad range of technologies that we use every day in a support capacity – preferably with some industry standard accreditations to back this up. It will be advantageous for you to have knowledge of and experience in operational technologies as you will be dealing with critical infrastructure.
If you enjoy a varied environment, working closely with customers, and have experience in IT support, good interpersonal, listening and troubleshooting skills then this could be the role for you.
Required Skills and Experience for the Infrastructure Engineer
- Experience in 2nd / 3rd line role support roles
- Key Microsoft Stack: Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Server, SQL, Office 365, SharePoint, SCCM
- Networking (CCNA or an equivalent would be an advantage)
- Operational Technologies: SCADA, PLCs, DCS & Associated Software
- Unified Communication solutions (Skype for Business & Microsoft Teams would be an advantage)
- Cloud Infrastructure/Platforms such as Azure
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V (Nutanix would be an advantage)
- SAN and Storage technologies
- Backup/Replication Technologies such as Veeam
- ITIL for service management
Personal Skills needed for the Infrastructure Engineer:
- An ability to think analytically and enjoy solving client’s technical problems
- Acute attention to detail, someone who’s resilient and results oriented
- You’ll be personable, customer focused and have the ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues
- Experience within an MSP environment is preferred but not essential
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor.
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you.
Your progression is important to us, and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
This role will be based in Durham and does involve some travel to client sites. Currently we’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work.
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination.
Waterstons will make any reasonable adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.