A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Infrastructure & Network Engineer to join our expanding global Remote Services team supporting our clients and their IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis. The role mainly resolves around monitoring and maintaining our client’s physical and virtual networks and infrastructure, responding to alerts from various environments with differing technology implementations.
We work with a wide variety of national and international clients, providing custom support services and technical escalation routes. You’ll be our clients’ first point of contact and will own, manage and solve their technical problems.
- Taking reactive ownership of issues arising from a fastflowing alert ticketing system and our Infrastructure Monitoring boards.
- Ensuring the customer is communicated with and that these issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Proactively looking for opportunities to improve our solutions and customers businesses to add value through the use of technology by spotting trends and patterns noticed through the monitoring of Client Infrastructure.
- Working within a larger team to provide a range of support from 1st to 3rd line, with potential to spend time on site with our clients nationwide.
- You’ll work alongside Engineer Colleagues in provide Technical Escalation for Network and Infrastructure issues that they are owning
- Liaising with third parties and internal IT teams in order to resolve their Infrastructure and Network issues.
- Recording your time when working on issues to enable accurate billing to clients.
- Communicating effectively with a closeknit team of Engineers working both across the UK and in the Waterstons Office
- Windows Server including AD, DNS/DHCP, SCCM, Exchange
- Dell and HP server Hardware and associated interfaces (iDRAC/iLO)
- SAN and Storage technologies including underlying fabric
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware and Microsoft HyperV
- Cloud Infrastructure/Platforms such as Azure and AWS
- Networking LAN/WAN technologies including Cisco and Juniper
- Application layer technologies including Microsoft SQL and Exchange
- Backup/Replication Technologies such as Veeam and Backup Exec
- Unified Communication solutions such as Microsoft Teams
- Monitoring and RMM solutions
- Renewing and managing server certificates
- ITIL for service management
- Industryrecognised accreditations relating to the above
- Experience of working in a highpaced environment such as an MSP or similar
The Waterstons Perks
· As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
· A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
· Unlimited holiday allowance
· Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
· Enhanced family policies
· If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
· Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
· Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.