Location: Glasgow or Durham + Travel
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Salary: up to £22k pa + Benefits
Job reference: 26/2021
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Junior IT Engineer role
We’re looking for a Technology Consultant to join our expanding global Remote Services team as a Junior IT Engineer, supporting our clients and their IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis. For this role you’ll need excellent time management and customer services skills. You’ll be dealing with a variety of end-user IT incidents and service requests daily and will be the first point of call for our clients. This is a challenging role with room to grow and develop within a fast-paced environment dealing with all manners of technology. No 2 days are ever the same!
You’ll have a passion for technology, with a can-do attitude and great problem-solving skills. Ideally, you’ll have previous experience in an end-user support role. However, this is not essential, and we’d love to hear from you if you think you have what it takes.
Your progression is important to us, as we want you to stay with us for the long haul, so ideally, you’ll be a driven individual and a self-starter.
Responsibilities for the Junior IT Engineer-
The successful candidate will be responsible for investigating a wide range of technical issues, mainly around end-user support. You’ll be joining our Quick Wins team, on the front line with end-user issues. This is a great opportunity to step into the world of IT and deal with the following:
- Prioritise and assess the impact of new incidents via phone, portal, and email
- Implement fixes and resolve technical issues up to a 2nd line support level
- Provide outstanding first touch support and customer experience
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure quality is being upheld and services are delivered in a timely manner
- Work within SLA wherever possible to provide timely responses and resolution to incidents and service requests
- Manage your own queue and provide regular updates to customers
- Record your time accurately to ensure accurate billing for clients
- Continually look for improvements for our customers businesses and value-add through the use of technology
Requirements for the Junior IT Engineer
Some of the key technologies we deal with are listed below. Although any experience is advantage, we don’t expect you to know everything and encourage development in these areas:
- Windows 10
- General end-user application support
- Key Windows Server Roles
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2013+
- Remote Desktop Services/Citrix
- SQL Server
- Microsoft/Office 365 Administration
- Unified Communications solutions – Skype for Business/Microsoft Teams/Mitel
- Virtual Infrastructure – VMware
- Backup Solutions – Veeam
- Team player
- Customer service
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently and make decisions
- Awareness of new technologies and trends
- Eye of detail and quality
As a Junior IT Engineer you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats.
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you.
Your progression is important to us and your career development is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
This role can be based in either Glasgow or Durham and does have some travel responsibilities. Currently we’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination.
Waterstons will make any reasonable adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.