Lead Data Engineer
Location: Flexible, UK
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Salary: £55-65k pa + Benefits
Job reference: 11/2021
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Lead Data Engineer role
As a client facing Lead Data Engineer you will be an integral part of a small, ambitious team that are looking to grow sustainably but quickly. If you’re passionate about data, have a desire to build something sustainable and exciting, want to work with a diverse group of people, then we would love to hear from you. The Data team currently work with several universities and charities, a distributor of frozen foods, a motorway services company and many other businesses.
Responsibilities for the Lead Data Engineer-
- Understanding and listening to our clients and delivering appropriate solutions which may include data exports, building data warehouses and developing reports
- Owning, delivering & overseeing data and analytics projects in partnership with our clients
- Supporting multiple data projects across a range of clients
- Proposing, designing, and delivering suitable architectures
- Have the confidence to challenge clients and suggesting better ways to solve their problems
- Mentoring, supporting & upskilling the data & analytics team
- Influencing & define best practices in delivering data solutions
Requirement for the Lead Data Engineer:
- Database technologies, including Microsoft SQL. Querying, designing and building data warehouse, data lakes & data stores.
- Working with ERP / CRM (or other business systems) to find and extract data
- Designing / building ETL & ELT pipelines using SSIS / Azure Data Factory
- Multi-dimensional and tabular data modelling
- Power BI
- Gathering customer requirements and turning them into a plan for implementation
An exceptional Lead Data Engineer may have:
- Experience of master data management, data governance and data strategies a bonus but not essential
- Previous experience of working in a consultancy environment.
- A good understanding of how being part of a consultancy environment may differ from being a member of an in-house team.
As a Lead Data Engineer you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats.
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you.
Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
This role will be Remote / Flexible on location. Currently we’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination.
Waterstons will make any reasonable adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.