A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
We’re looking for someone with a broad technical background (a “generalist”) who has a strong working knowledge of the core Microsoft stack of technologies (e.g. AD, SQL, DHCP, DNS), but who also has in-depth (“specialist”) knowledge of Office 365 technologies, particularly Exchange Online.
They will also be willing to spend around two days per week in our London office to provide support and direction to their local colleagues.
Day to day responsibilities
This role will require you to be involved in the implementation of solutions directly or by working with Solutions Engineers to implement the solutions you’ve designed.
- Work as part of a team or individually to design, implement and consult around the Office 365 platform, particularly Exchange Online.
- Take responsibility for building relationships with clients and producing solutions around their needs.
- Be involved in presales activities including writing proposals for solutions.
- Work alongside other teams to deliver joined up services to clients, including project managers, solutions engineers and business consultants.
- Help guide, mentor and train junior staff to support their development.
Some of the skills we are looking for
- Cloud solution design experience in Office 365, particularly Exchange Online.
- Cloud migration experience to Office 365 from on-premises environments.
- Design and hands-on experience of Office 365 tenant to tenant migrations.
- Specific experience in delivering solutions that utilise Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365 groups.
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools, or complex PowerShell scripting.
- Technical expertise in the full stack of Microsoft Windows Server Technologies (Active Directory, Internet Information Services, and general Windows Server technologies).
- Technical expertise in general networking (DNS, DHCP, IP addressing, routing, firewalling, reverse proxy).
- Technical familiarity with VMware vSphere and associated technical eco system (e.g Veeam).
- Some leadership experience
Nice to have
- Experience in line management
- Consulting / MSP Background
- Advanced level Qualifications, such as, Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Office 365 migration software, for example BitTitan, Skykick, ShareGate, Quest.
- Office 365 backup solutions, for example Veeam for Office 365, Skykick.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- EV car scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Rest days
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.