Location: South East, UK
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Salary: £Competitive pa + Benefits
Job reference: 15/2021
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the (M365) Solutions Architect role
We’re looking for someone with a broad technical background (a “generalist”) who has a strong working knowledge of the core Microsoft stack of technologies (e.g. AD, DHCP, DNS), but who also has in-depth (“specialist”) knowledge of Microsoft 365 technologies, particularly Microsoft Intune and the wider Modern Workplace offering.
We need someone to help us design and implement large and complex Microsoft 365 environments, utilising Microsoft Intune, AutoPilot, Azure AD, MFA, Defender, Hello for Business, and Bitlocker.
You must be comfortable being client facing, presenting solutions to our clients and building relationships, and also be willing to be hands-on when needed. This role will require you to be involved in the implementation of solutions directly or by working with Solutions Engineers to implement the solutions you’ve designed.
Required Skills for the (M365) Solutions Architect
- Cloud solution design experience in Microsoft 365, particularly Microsoft Intune
- Design and implementation experience with modern desktop/application provisioning tools (Microsoft Autopilot, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Intune, Windows Virtual Desktop)
- Design and implementation experience of Azure AD Identity Management (Azure AD Conditional Access, Privileged Identity Management)
- Design and implementation experience of Endpoint Security (MFA, Microsoft 365 Defender, Windows Hello for Business, Bitlocker)
- Experience of Data Protection technologies (Microsoft Information Protection, Data Loss Prevention)
- A good understanding of traditional desktop and app deployment methods (SCCM, Windows Deployment Services)
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools, or complex PowerShell scripting
- Technical expertise in the full stack of Microsoft Windows Server Technologies (Active Directory, Internet Information Services, and general Windows Server Technologies)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands on their time
- The ability to influence others, set expectations and plan and co-ordinate their own projects
An exceptional candidate will hold the following certifications (or similar)
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate
- MCSA Windows 10
- MCSA/MCSE Server 2016
Key behaviours for the (M365) Solutions Architect:
- Work as part of a team or individually to design, implement and consult around the Microsoft 365 platform
- Take responsibility for building relationships with clients and producing solutions around their needs.
- Be involved in presales activities including writing proposals for solutions.
- Work alongside other teams to deliver joined up services to clients, including project managers, solutions engineers and business consultants.
As an (M365) Solutions Architect you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to win and secure business through the use of your marketing services and our technology.
This role will be based in the South East with regular travel to London. We’re utilising technology where possible to work remotely and continue our great work.
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination.
Waterstons will make any reasonable adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.