Location: Flexible, UK
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Salary: up to £40k pa + Benefits
Job reference: 18/2021
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the (M365) Solutions Engineer role
We’re looking for someone with a broad technical background who has a strong working knowledge across Microsoft 365 (M365) technologies. Key areas of experience for a successful candidate will include endpoint security, modern desktop & application provisioning tools, identity management, and data protection. In addition, some knowledge of traditional application deployment methods (e.g. SCCM) and experience of migrations to 365 (e.g. Exchange Online, OneDrive) would be advantageous.
The role will predominantly be hands-on, implementing technical solutions for our clients designed by our Solution Architects while also building relationships with our clients and demonstrating a high level of customer service. There will also be opportunity for solutions architecture/design within the role and proposal writing should be expected.
Responsibilities for the (M365) Solutions Engineer
- Work as part of a team or individually to implement and consult around the Microsoft 365 technology stack, particularly Modern Workplace.
- Work with Solutions Architects to understand their design and provide feedback based on your experience
- Provide quality documentation for the solutions implemented.
- Handover to Waterstons Managed Services team and client support teams where appropriate.
- Build relationships with clients and deliver quality work
Required Skills & Experience for the (M365) Solutions Engineer
- Experience with modern desktop/application provisioning tools (Microsoft Autopilot, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Intune, Windows Virtual Desktop)
- Experience with Azure AD Identity Management (Azure AD Conditional Access, Privileged Identity Management)
- Experience with Endpoint Security (MFA, Microsoft 365 Defender, Windows Hello for Business, Bitlocker)
- Awareness of Data Protection technologies (Microsoft Information Protection, Data Loss Prevention)
- A good understanding of traditional desktop and app deployment methods (SCCM, Windows Deployment Services)
- Technical competence in the full stack of Microsoft Windows Server Technologies (Active Directory Domain Services, Group Policy management, and general Windows Server technologies).
- Technical competence in general networking (DNS, DHCP, IP addressing, routing, firewalling, reverse proxy, VPN).
- Specific experience in delivering solutions that utilise Exchange Online and OneDrive for Business
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands on their time.
An exceptional candidate will hold the following certifications (or similar)
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate
- MCSA Windows 10
- MCSA/MCSE Server 2016
As an (M365) Solutions Engineer you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to win and secure business through the use of your marketing services and our technology.
This role is flexible on location and can be based in either London, Durham or Glasgow. We’re utilising technology where possible to work remotely and continue our great work.
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination.
Waterstons will make any reasonable adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.