A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
We’re thinking ahead. The Mergers & Acquisitions team have delivered a good deal of interesting and value-creating work into Waterstons. We need to keep this momentum going.
This is a senior role that requires a sound understanding of the merger and acquisition deal process and a wide grasp of technology. It has considerable focus on developing a team of M&A Consultants, ensuring they develop, grow and feel collective responsibility for the success of the team. You will develop client relationships with business leaders, so skills beyond IT, are essential. Part of your responsibility will be to nurture and develop existing relationships with influential companies, private equity, and corporate finance contacts, spinning new opportunities from this network.
Day to day responsibilities
- Working closely with members of the M&A team to ensure pipeline is maximised; providing coaching on business development opportunities and optimising individual performance
- Development of individual team members to increase knowledge base, address skills gaps, and provide ongoing support
- Identification and qualification of target client base, including maintaining existing client relationships and connecting with new clients
- Writing proposal documents and providing both technical assurance on quality content and commercial acumen on proposed revenue
- Leading due diligence programmes and managing resource for project delivery
- Engaging with senior level stakeholders and building key relationships with M&A clients
- Attending and participating in external events, both as a networking opportunity to make connections, and as a presenter to raise profile
Some of the skills we are looking for
- Experience in leading or coaching high performing strategic teams to develop and support immediate team members and provide leadership to the wider business.
- A good understanding and grasp of the application of IT, both from a business system and technology perspective. You may have a good understanding of the details within this (which would be a bonus but is not vital).
- An understanding of the nature and objectives to be achieved from due diligence programmes (for example, IT readiness, risks, and issues)
- Experience of delivering external presentations and leading conversations at networking events, with excellent customer facing, presentational and report writing skills
- Great Senior stakeholder engagement skills, with experience in building and sustaining trusted client relationships at C-suite level and proven ability to look after key existing clients, with evidence of ability to bring in new clients and win work
- Experience across multidisciplinary teams, with ability to see the bigger picture and drive things forward through business development activities, including lead and opportunity identification/qualification and proposal development and delivery
- An awareness of the operational structure to deliver a good IT service
- Knowledge of prevailing trends, commercial acumen, and operating drivers across multiple sectors/ industries
- Engagement with the wider external community to foster collaboration and support growth for the M&A practice, with evidence of ability to bring in new clients
The Waterstons Perks
· As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
· A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
· Unlimited holiday allowance
· Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
· Enhanced family policies
· If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
· Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
· Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.