Location: Durham (Remote Working)
Department: Managed Services
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Salary: up to £28k + benefits
Job reference: 05/2021
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Network & Infrastructure Engineer role
We’re on the lookout for an Infrastructure & Network Engineer to join our expanding global Remote Services team as an Infrastructure & NOC Engineer, supporting our clients and their IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis. The role mainly resolves around monitoring and maintaining our client’s physical and virtual networks and infrastructure, responding to alerts from various environments with differing technology implementations.
We work with a wide variety of national and international clients, providing custom support services and technical escalation routes. You’ll be our clients’ first point of contact and will own, manage and solve their technical problems.
We’re looking for someone with brilliant communication, listening and troubleshooting skills and you’ll thoroughly enjoy solving technical problems. You’ll have great organisation, timekeeping and prioritisation skills.
Responsibilities for the Network & Infrastructure Engineer-
- You’ll need to triage any tickets that come in to Waterstons NOC that have not already been auto triaged, appropriately prioritising these so that they can be actioned according to need.
- Managing your own queue of tickets, you’ll take ownership of new tickets as and when you are able, ensuring the customer is communicated with and that issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- You’ll be responsible for recording your time when working on issues to enable accurate billing to clients.
- You’ll be in charge of troubleshooting issues that come in and liaising with colleagues and customers as required to resolve these in a timely fashion.
- You’ll continually look for opportunities to improve our customers businesses and add value through the use of technology.
- Working within a larger team you’ll provide a range of support from 1st to 3rd line, working remotely from the office, with potential to spend time on site with our clients nationwide.
- Liaising with third parties.
Requirements for the Network & Infrastructure Engineer-
Successful candidates will have experience in a broad range of technologies that we use every day in a support capacity – preferably with some industry standard accreditations or demonstratable experience to back this up. You will have ideally worked within an MSP or NOC environment previously.
Some of the areas that we look for are:
- Key Microsoft server roles:
o Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Server, SQL, SharePoint, System Center, DNS, DHCP, DFS Networking, LAN and WAN, WI-FI (CCNA or an equivalent would be an advantage)
- Unified Communication solutions such as Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams
- Cloud Infrastructure/Platforms such as Azure, AWS and Google Cloud
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V
- SAN and Storage technologies including underlying fabric
- Backup/Replication Technologies such as Veeam and Backup Exec
- ITIL for service management
- Monitoring and RMM solutions
- Renewing and managing certificates
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you.
Your progression is important to us, and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
This role is flexible on location in the UK. All of your work can be carried out remotely. Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination.Waterstons will make any reason adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
Privacy StatementWaterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.