A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role:
We are looking for a People & Culture Administrator to join our People & Culture team. The People & Culture Administrator will work with the wider People & Culture team, and report directly into the Senior People & Culture Business Partner. The People & Culture Administrator will play a crucial role in ensuring an outstanding employee experience across the business. The role will be responsible for the full breadth of people and culture administration support, encompassing the full employee lifecycle, and first line support for day-to-day employee queries. The People & Culture Administrator will also support the rest of the People & Culture team where required and have the opportunity to input in the implementation and delivery of key strategic projects.
Day to day responsibilities
- First line support for day-to-day, ad-hoc employee queries and escalate where necessary
- Administration of our comprehensive reward and recognition package ‘looking after you’ and ensuring all relevant documentation is collated so all our people are looked after
- Administration and management of contractual changes in the employee lifecycle, ensuring our compliance with ISO certification
- Continuous maintenance of our HR System, bob
- Preparing, issuing, updating, filing, and maintaining all relevant employee documentation
- Responsible for onboarding ensuring a seamless employee experience and transition from the talent team, ensuring onboarding inductions, training, tech are arranged for new starters
- Ensuring new starters a thoroughly welcomed on their first day
- Responsible for ensuring a smooth offboarding for people who decide to leave us, by confirmation of resignation and processing of leavers letters, accrued holiday owed, arranging and sometimes conducting exit interviews and reporting back where necessary
- Ensuring payroll are kept up to date with employee changes, and ensuring all payroll reports are run in a timely manner and reconciled with the payroll team
- Support where necessary in employee relations by correctly taking minutes in meetings
- Monthly people reporting from HR Systems, as well as ad-hoc reports requested by Senior Leadership.
Some of the skills we are looking for
- Passionate about people/HR
- Ability to prioritise and ask for support where needed
- High ethical standards, integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to handle employee data, interpret and present in an easy to digest format
- Great interpersonal and influencing skills
- Some knowledge of UK employment law
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in a people role
- Experience with HR systems (ideally bob)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly expanding business
- CIPD qualification
- Understanding of Australian employment law
The Waterstons Perks
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
· A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
· Unlimited holiday allowance
· Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
· Enhanced family policies
· If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
· Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
· Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.