A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role:
We are looking for a People & Culture Advisor to join our People & Culture team. The People & Culture Advisor will work with and report directly into the Senior People & Culture Business Partner. The People & Culture Advisor will play a crucial role in ensuring an outstanding employee experience across the business. The role will primarily take an operational focus, advising employees and managers on day-to-day employee queries. The People & Culture Advisor will also support in the implementation and delivery of key strategic projects delivered by the People & Culture team. The ideal candidate will have experience within Human Resources and a passion for everything people related.
Day to day responsibilities
- Managing all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including supporting starter and leaver process alongside the People & Culture Administrator
- Ensuring full compliance with our employment vetting process for all new starters
- First point of contact for employee relations queries and cases both formal and informal
- Developing and delivering our People analytics and reporting to provide impactful and insightful MI for both the SLT and Board
- Supporting and coaching line managers on day-to-day management queries
- Manage our people policies, procedures and guides and update where appropriate, paying particular attention to our tone and approach, which is super important to us.
- Develop and maintain People & Culture processes for the whole business, ensuring continuous improvement, optimisation, and innovation where necessary
- Build strong working relationships with managers whilst advising them on company policies, procedures, and guidelines
Some of the skills we are looking for
- Previous experience in a People role
- Passionate about people/HR
- High ethical standards, integrity and confidentiality
- Willingness to take the lead and ownership of projects and responsibilities
- Comfortable with and some experience in ER
- Ability to educate others on people processes, policies, best practices and maintaining a pragmatic approach in line with company values
- Ability to handle employee data, interpret and present in an easy to digest format
- Great interpersonal and influencing skills
- Sound knowledge of UK employment law
Nice to have:
- Experience with HR systems (ideally bob)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly expanding business
- CIPD qualification
- Understanding of Australian employment law
The Waterstons Perks
· As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
· A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
· Unlimited holiday allowance
· Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
· Enhanced family policies
· If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
· Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
· Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.