A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
As a client facing Project Manager you will be an integral part of an ambitious team that manages the delivery of a wide variety of IT projects to clients in a range of industry sectors to ensure all project outcomes are successfully achieved. This a great opportunity to manage and deliver to the following types of projects as a Project Manager in Consultancy-
- Business Systems Implementation (e.g. ERP upgrade)
- IT Infrastructure (e.g. AD, networking, storage & virtualisation, communication & messaging)
- Cloud Infrastructure (e.g. O365, IaaS, SaaS)
- Bespoke software development (Waterfall / Agile)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Site/office moves
Day to day responsibilities
Depending on your experience, you could be involved in any of the following types of project work:
- Be actively involved in business development activities such as the creation of proposals and responses to tenders for opportunities with existing clients and new prospects.
- Initiate projects, agreeing the approach, governance, scope, project plan, resources, project controls, and project communication and change management required.
- Deliver the project to time, cost, and quality that deliveries the project objectives.
- Organise and chair project meetings, ensuring agendas are in place, meetings are scheduled, and minutes are taken.
- Update project artifacts, including the project plan, communication plan, risks, issues, assumptions, change log, dependencies, decisions, actions.
- Ensure that all facets of the project are agreed and understood by all parties involved in the project (scope, plans, risk, governance, communication, change, quality, and controls).
- Engage with people working on the project to ensure their responsibilities and tasks are understood and delivered. The people working on the project may be other Waterstons people, client staff, or other third parties.
- Establish strong relationships with all parties to benefit the project and future engagements.
- Cleanly close projects, carrying out project review and lessons learnt exercise.
Some of the skills we are looking for
You’ll have an interest in designing and implementing solutions within the key technology areas
- T / Consultancy / Professional Services Experience
- Project Management Certifications- Prince2 / Scrum / PMP
- A good understanding of how being part of a consultancy environment may differ from being a member of an in-house team.
As a Project Manager (Consultancy) you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats.
The Waterstons Perks
· As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
· A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
· Unlimited holiday allowance
· Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
· Enhanced family policies
· If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
· Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance program and private medical insurance
· Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available
· Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
This role will be Remote / Flexible on location. There will be essential travel to both our London or Durham office & client sites when needed.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.