Location: London or Durham, UK
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Salary: £45-55k pa + Benefits
Job reference: 13/2021
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Project Manager (Consultancy) role
As a client facing Project Manager you will be an integral part of an ambitious team that manages the delivery of a wide variety of IT projects to clients in a range of industry sectors to ensure all project outcomes are successfully achieved. This a great opportunity to manage and deliver to the following types of projects as a Project Manager in Consultancy-
- Business Systems Implementation (e.g. ERP upgrade)
- IT Infrastructure (e.g. AD, networking, storage & virtualisation, communication & messaging)
- Cloud Infrastructure (e.g. O365, IaaS, SaaS)
- Bespoke software development (Waterfall / Agile)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Site/office moves
Responsibilities for the Project Manager (Consultancy)-
- Be actively involved in business development activities such as the creation of proposals and responses to tenders for opportunities with existing clients and new prospects.
- Initiate projects, agreeing the approach, governance, scope, project plan, resources, project controls, and project communication and change management required.
- Deliver the project to time, cost, and quality that deliveries the project objectives.
- Organise and chair project meetings, ensuring agendas are in place, meetings are scheduled, and minutes are taken.
- Update project artifacts, including the project plan, communication plan, risks, issues, assumptions, change log, dependencies, decisions, actions.
- Ensure that all facets of the project are agreed and understood by all parties involved in the project (scope, plans, risk, governance, communication, change, quality, and controls).
- Engage with people working on the project to ensure their responsibilities and tasks are understood and delivered. The people working on the project may be other Waterstons people, client staff, or other third parties.
- Establish strong relationships with all parties to benefit the project and future engagements.
- Cleanly close projects, carrying out project review and lessons learnt exercise.
- Support the development of best practice project management within Waterstons.
- Engage and support the development of our project management service offering.
- Proactively develop knowledge of programme and project management skills and frameworks as well as increasing understanding of technology.
Personal Specification for the Project Manager (Consultancy):
We are looking for self-starters that have the ability to demonstrate the following transferable skills in their profiles-
- Highly Organised
- Think on their feet
- Big picture thinkers (Strategic & Tactical)
- Ability to communicate & push back on all levels
- Decision making skills
- Leadership qualities
- Attention to detail
An exceptional Project Manager will be a problem-solver that can work independently. You may also have-
- IT / Consultancy / Professional Services Experience
- Project Management Certifications- Prince2 / Scrum / PMP
- A good understanding of how being part of a consultancy environment may differ from being a member of an in-house team.
As a Project Manager (Consultancy) you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats.
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you.
Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
This role will be Remote / Flexible on location. There will be essential travel to both our London or Durham office & client sites when needed. Currently we’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work.
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination.
Waterstons will make any reasonable adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.