A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
As a member of our Remote Services Team, you will join more than 50 consultants providing remote support, technical escalation & infrastructure monitoring to over 80 global customers. You will be our clients port of contact, and will own, investigate, and solve issues reported.
We are not about tiers and levels, we want you to get stuck in and build your skills from the ground up, getting involved in a range of issues and proactive tasks.
About the role:
As part of our service desk, you will be helping our clients with their complex technical issues. You will be the first point of contact for our customers in need of technical support and you will work to triage any tickets that come in to Waterstons and appropriately prioritise these. We pride ourselves on good customer service which is a key aspect of this role.
This role is for a university student in your penultimate year looking to gain a years with of experience before heading back to university to finish your final year.
Day to day responsibilities:
- You will own, manage, and resolve their problems.
- Prioritise tickets so that they are actioned according to need.
- Manage your own queue of tickets, you will take ownership of new tickets as and when you are able, ensuring the customer is communicated with and that issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- You will be responsible for recording your time when working on issues to enable accurate billing to clients.
- Troubleshooting issues that come in and liaising with colleagues and customers as required to resolve these in a timely fashion.
- You will continually look for opportunities to improve our customers business’ and add value through the use of technology.
- Working within a larger team you will provide a range of support from 1st to 3rd line. Predominantly working remotely, however there is potential to spend time on site with our clients nationwide.
Some of the skills we are looking for:
- You will have great organisation, timekeeping, and prioritisation skills
- Personable and customer focussed you will have the ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues
- Interest in technology
- Great problem-solving skills
- Keen learner!
You will get experience in:
- Key Microsoft server roles (Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business, Windows Server, SQL, SharePoint, System Center)
- Office365, Azure and AWS
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V
- SAN and Storage technologies including underlying fabric
- Backup/Replication Technologies such as Veeam
This is a brilliant learning opportunity and you’ll get full support along the way by our experienced team.
The Waterstons Perks
We offer careers, not jobs and it’s up to you where your career with Waterstons might take you. All employees are given a career development platform with L&D opportunities as well as pension contributions, market leading benefits & flexible option packages.
At Waterstons we look for the right person, not just specific backgrounds. You will have a passion for technology, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us.
We recruit people who are committed to our values-based approach and want to develop and prosper in a people first organisation.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance program and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.