We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, supported development and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
This role is based at either our London or Glasgow office.
About the Information Security Consultant role
We’re looking for the right person, not specific backgrounds. You will have a passion for Information Security, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us.
We're seek for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for GRC and fulfilling roles such as Information Security Manager to join our exciting newly formed Cyber Division.
Ideally an experienced Information Security Consultant with line management experience seeking a new challenge to join our growing Cyber division and help shape the company’s security and compliance services nationwide for a leading IT and business consultancy, supporting national and international clients.
Responsibilities for the Senior Information Security Consultant
The role will involve the delivery of information security and compliance projects and providing line management, mentoring and support to junior team members to raise the skills and service offerings of the team.
You will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities with clients and prospects, acting as their trusted advisor to provide them with unrivalled advice and solutions and demonstrating how the company’s Cyber team can add value to their business.
Working with the rest of the Cyber team, you will deliver projects including information security strategy, data protection consultancy and assessments against frameworks such as ISO 27001:2013 and Cyber Essentials and keeping ahead of the latest information security and data protection best practice, to provide clients with the best advice.
With a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, you will be educated to degree level or have equivalent industry experience.
Required Skills and Experience for the Information Security Consultant
- Highly knowledgeable in risk management and information security governance
- Experience or good understanding of implementing and maintaining ISO 27001:2013 compliant management systems
- Excellent customer service values ensuring the company becomes a trusted strategic advisor to clients
- Experience of networking and sharing knowledge via public seminars and writing thought leadership articles relating to information security best practice
- Wider technical knowledge of information security standards and best practice including Cyber essentials and ISO 27001:2013
- Experience in drafting security policies and procedures
- Experience designing and delivering user training and awareness programmes
- A good understanding of Data Protection (beneficial)
- Certifications ISO 27001 Lead Auditor/Implementer, CISSP, CISM & CISA (beneficial)
As a Senior Information Security Consultant you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats.
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you.
Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
The Waterstons Perks
- As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance program and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.