Location: London, Durham , Glasgow
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Salary: £45000 - £55000 (DOE) + benefits
Job reference: 32/2021
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Information Security Professional with the technical ability to conduct penetration tests and the appetite to deliver a wide spectrum of interesting security related work seeking a new challenge to join our growing Cyber team. You’ll help shape the company’s security and compliance services nationwide for a leading IT and business consultancy, supporting national and international clients.
With a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, you will be educated to degree level or have equivalent industry experience. We are looking for the right person so your passion for technology and problem solving is just as important as technical skills and knowledge.
Working with the rest of the Cyber team, you will deliver projects including penetration tests, cyber essentials plus certification, technical information security assessments and assessments against frameworks such as Cyber Essentials Plus. You will keep ahead of the latest information security and data protection best practice, to provide clients with the best advice.
The role will also involve providing mentoring and support to junior team members to raise the skills and service offerings of the team.
You will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities with clients and prospects, acting as their trusted advisor to provide them with unrivalled advice and solutions and demonstrating how the company’s Cyber team can add value to their business.
Skills & Experience
- Highly knowledgeable in penetration testing, conducting technical security reviews
- Knowledge and/or experience with the NCSC Cyber Essentials Plus Framework
- Experience of vulnerability scanning and web application testing software such as Nessus, OpenVAS, Kali Linux etc.
- Formal technical security certifications attained or working towards such as OSCP, CREST CRT or similar
- Wider technical knowledge of information security standards and best practice
- Excellent customer service values ensuring the consultant becomes a trusted strategic advisor
- Exposure to security monitoring tooling desirable e.g. SIEM platforms and EDR tooling (desirable)
- Experience or good understanding of best practice frameworks such as Cyber Essentials PLUS, PCI-DSS and ISO 27001:2013 (beneficial)
Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it.
We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people, who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, We're an anti-discrimination employer and we’re committed to ensuring diversity and inclusivity. We will not discount someone based upon technical skills alone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach.
We recruit people who are committed to our values-based approach and want to develop and prosper in a people first organisation. That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
The Waterstons Perks
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical Insurance
- Technical development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We will do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you.
Once you’ve applied, we will be in touch to let you know whether we would like to progress your application. Initially, we will usually arrange a telephone conversation after which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other.
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination.
Waterstons will make any reasonable adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.