A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Your development is important to us. That’s why we give you 2-4 days a month for you to focus on your own skills. We encourage you to attend conferences and will provide support for Microsoft exams.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
As Senior Software Developer you will be delivering high quality projects for our clients, predominantly using the .NET stack. We use a lot of other technologies too! You will be supporting your team members to deliver for our clients. Work with our clients to explore requirements and scope up projects to ensure that we’re illustrating benefits and delivering excellent value for money.
We actively encourage you to explore new technologies relevant to the solutions delivered for clients and contribute to adoption of new technologies and techniques within the team.
Day to day responsibilities
- Work with clients to gather requirements and design systems , changes and integrations
- Support peers, and junior members of the team through code reviews and knowledge shares
- Responsible for Coding
- Plan and deploy systems into environments
- Work with project managers to ensure smooth delivery of the project
Some of the skills we are looking for
- Degree (any subject) or equivalent industry experience
- A desire to continually learn and develop skills over time, staying abreast of new technologies
- Experience of working with team members
- Thrives working within team focused environment with excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service values and be able to build a strong working relationship with our clients
The Waterstons Perks
- As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance program and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.