A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
As the Cyber Security Consultant, you will be involved in penetration testing, vulnerability scanning and have the appetite to deliver a wide spectrum of interesting security related work, You’ll help shape the company’s security and compliance services nationwide for a leading IT and business consultancy, supporting national and international clients.
Day to day responsibilities
- You will be client facing and based on client demands but the type of things that could be undertaken will be the delivery of operational security consultancy, operational security management, vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, Cyber Essentials Plus assessments, incident response management, information security and compliance projects.
- Working with the rest of the Cyber team, you will deliver projects including penetration tests, cyber essentials plus certification, technical information security assessments and assessments against frameworks such as Cyber Essentials Plus.
- You will keep ahead of the latest information security and data protection best practice, to provide clients with the best advice.
- You will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities with clients and prospects, acting as their trusted advisor to provide them with unrivalled advice and solutions and demonstrating how the company’s Cyber team can add value to their business.
Some of the skills we are looking for
- With a minimum of 3 years + experience in a similar role, you will be educated to degree level or have equivalent industry experience.
- Prior experience working in operational security, managing industry standard monitoring and alerting tools
- Good technical competency and experience of conducting technical security reviews
- Experience in O365 administration and Exchange security practices
- Experience in incident management and ability to take technical leadership
- Formal technical security certifications attained or working towards such as OSCP, CREST CRT or similar
- Experience of vulnerability scanning and testing software such as Nessus, OpenVAS, Kali Linux etc.
- Wider technical knowledge of information security standards and best practice
- Excellent customer service values ensuring the consultant becomes a trusted strategic advisor
- Exposure to security monitoring tooling desirable e.g. SIEM platforms and EDR tooling
Nice to have:-
- Experience or good understanding of best practice frameworks such as Cyber Essentials PLUS, PCI-DSS and ISO 27001:2013 (beneficial)
- Knowledgeable in penetration testing, Network, Web App, Cloud
- Knowledge and/or experience with the NCSC Cyber Essentials Plus Framework
- Experience in cloud environments and security configurations like Microsoft Azure, AWS, etc
- Exposure to security architecture requirements
The Waterstons Perks
· As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
· A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
· Unlimited holiday allowance
· Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
· Enhanced family policies
· If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
· Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
· Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.