A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
As a member of our Managed Services team, you will be working directly with clients on-site and remotely implementing and supporting unique infrastructure solutions that directly add value to their business.
About the Service Delivery Manager role
We’re looking for a Senior service delivery manager that’s passionate about solving business problems to join our ever-growing managed services team. The role will involve service management, managing risks and technical delivery/support for our clients and involved with business development for Managed Services.
It is far from your average support role, and you will be working (often on-site) with a variety of our clients in the South. They range from smaller single-site organisations to large multi-nationals. The working hours are flexible to fit the client’s needs and priorities, managed by you. The operating environments of our clients are often complex, geographically dispersed and business critical.
If you enjoy a varied environment, working closely with customers to solve their problems and sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor junior members of the team then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a unique individual with principal level industry experience who can build trusted relationships at all levels of an organisation and has a good blend of in-depth technical, IT operations and support expertise.
Required Skills and Experience for the Service Manager
- Knowledge and expertise in implementing service management frameworks such as ITIL, and a good understanding of where and how to apply these
- Experience of working in an IT operations or similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands on their time
- The ability to influence others, set expectations and plan and co-ordinate programmes of work
- A good and demonstrable understanding of the full stack of Microsoft Technologies (Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business / Teams, System Center, and general Windows Server technologies is required.
An exceptional Service Delivery Manager should also demonstrate the following:
- Delivering service improvements utilising frameworks such as ITIL
- A track record of project management
- Specialist technologies such as virtualisation and storage, networking technologies & protocols, and security technologies.
- Experienced in working with & supporting a broad range of technologies
- Hold industry standard accreditations
As a Service Manager you’ll have good interpersonal, listening and troubleshooting skills and you will enjoy solving client’s technical problems. You will also build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor.
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you.
The Waterstons Perks
We offer careers, not jobs and it’s up to you where your career with Waterstons might take you. All employees are given a career development platform with L&D opportunities as well as pension contributions, market leading benefits & flexible option packages.
At Waterstons we look for the right person, not just specific backgrounds. You will have a passion for technology, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us.
We recruit people who are committed to our values-based approach and want to develop and prosper in a people first organisation.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance program and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.