Service Desk Analyst - Remote Services
Contract: Full time permanent
Shift working: Shift pattern consists of four on, three off, with evening and weekend working on rotation.
Salary: From £25,000 - £29,000 (DOE) + benefits
Job reference: 02/2020
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Service Desk Analyst role
We’re on the lookout for a Technology Consultant to join our expanding global Remote Services team as a Service Desk Analyst, supporting our clients and their IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis. The role is user facing and will be answering calls and emails from a number of clients, resolving end user incidents and service requests.
We work with a wide variety of national and international clients, providing custom support services and technical escalation routes. You’ll be our clients’ first point of contact and will own, manage and solve their technical problems.
We’re looking for someone with brilliant communication, listening and troubleshooting skills and you’ll thoroughly enjoy solving technical problems.
We’re looking for the right person, not just a specific background. Your passion for technology and problem solving is just as important as technical skills and knowledge.
Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. You could follow a service management, technology specialist or even business consulting direction. We quickly reward those who perform well. Continuous personal and professional development are also important to us, so you will be supported, guided and mentored every step of the way. You’ll not only continually develop and learn new skills, but will guide and mentor others too.
Responsibilities for the Service Desk Analyst:
- You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers in need of technical support, which may be via email or phone. You’ll own, manage, and resolve their problems.
- You’ll need to triage any tickets that come in to Waterstons, appropriately prioritising these so that they can be actioned according to need.
- Managing your own queue of tickets, you’ll take ownership of new tickets as and when you are able, ensuring the customer is communicated with and that issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- You’ll be responsible for recording your time when working on issues to enable accurate billing to clients.
- You’ll be in charge of troubleshooting issues that come in and liaising with colleagues and customers as required to resolve these in a timely fashion.
- You’ll continually look for opportunities to improve our customers businesses and add value through the use of technology.
- Working within a larger team you’ll provide a range of support from 1st to 3rd line, working remotely from the office, with potential to spend time on site with our clients nationwide.
Required Skills and Experience for the Service Desk Analyst
- Experience in a 2nd/3rd line role is essential.
- We typically expect A Levels or a Degree in an appropriate subject, or relevant experience in a similar role.
- We’re looking for someone with acute attention to detail, who’s resilient and results oriented. An analytical thinker you’ll also be keen to keep on learning and developing new skills and use your initiative to solve problems.
- You’ll have great organisation, timekeeping and prioritisation skills.
- You’ll be personable, customer focused and have the ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Experience within an MSP environment is preferred but not essential.
Successful candidates will have experience in a broad range of technologies that we use every day in a support capacity – preferably with some industry standard accreditations to back this up and an understanding of server and desktop operating systems.
Some of the areas that we look for are:
- Key Microsoft server roles-
- Active Directory, Exchange 2013 & 2016, Windows Server, SQL, SharePoint, System Center, DFS
- Office 365 administration
- Unified Communication solutions such as Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams and Mitel
- Cloud Platforms such as Azure, AWS and Google Cloud
- ITIL for service management
- End user application support
- Desktop OS support (MAC and Windows)
- Remote Desktop solutions (RDS, Citrix etc.)
- Experience with ITSM solutions
As a Service Desk Analyst you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats.
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you.
Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
This role will be either London, Durham or Glasgow based to facilitate collaboration with the Team once Covid 19 allows us to return to the workplace. Currently we’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination.
Waterstons will make any reason adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.