A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are out greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, supported development and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
We are looking for a Service Desk Engineer- 3rd Line to join our Managed Services department, you will be assisting both clients and colleagues with complex technical issues and the ideal candidate will be driven to improve the service we offer. This role consists of Shift work. Mon-Fri 8 hour shifts between 7am – 11pm on rotation with 1 weekend in 6 covered
Day to day responsibilities
- Be technical escalation for the rest of the team
- Adhere to ITIL service management principles
- Provide 3rd line technical support to colleagues and customers, acting as escalation point for any issues highlighted from other tiers
- Ensure timely resolution and regular communication to customers throughout ownership
- Design, implement, test and document new processes
- Assist other teams within the business as required
- Support colleagues by way of coaching and knowledge transfer
Some of the skills we are looking for
Understanding and experience in:-
- Windows 10 & 11
- Windows Server (incl. Server Core)
- OpenSUSE / RHE Linux
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Active Directory (Group Policy/Login Scripts/FSMO) / LDAP / Kerberos
- Exchange 2013+
- TCP/IP Stack / DHCP / DNS / WLAN / SD-WAN / VLANs / Cisco IOS
- NAS / SAN Storage Infrastructure such as DataCore
- Remote Desktop Services/Citrix
- Endpoint Management/MDM such as SCCM/Intune
- Microsoft 365 Administration
- Skype for Business/Microsoft Teams/Mitel
- Veeam/Backup Exec
- MDM Solutions such as AirWatch/Intune
- VI Solutions such as VMware / Nutanix / Hyper-V
- Microsoft Azure / AWS
Nice to have skills
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management processes such as problem management, change management
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage major incidents and coordinate efforts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability in complex technical landscapes
- Industry relevant qualifications such as MCSE / MCSA / CCNA / CCNP
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a 2nd line or above role
- Experience of automated monitoring and alerting systems
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to write documentation understandable at all levels
- Ability to write change requests
We're passionate about developing our people. If you wish to gain certifications and accreditations or develop your personal skills, we are here to support you. You’ll have the chance to use the latest technology ensuring your skills are always up-to-date.
The Waterstons Perks
- Flexible working where possible, in line with shift cover
- As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.