Salary: upto £55000
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business. About the SharePoint Consultant role
We’re looking for an experienced SharePoint consultant, ready for a new challenge, to join our ever-growing team and help shape our Digital Productivity services nationwide.
You will work as part of a team of Digital Productivity consultants, which is part of the wider Digital and Data division at Waterstons.
The role involves working with different clients on a mixture of engagements; a typical month might be a mixture of running remote workshops, carrying out single or multiple-day visits to clients, spending time working from home writing proposals, meeting teammates in the office, and personal development.
The role will also include investigating and resolving support problems related to SharePoint and Microsoft 365 that are escalated from Waterstons’ support desk to the Digital Productivity team.
You’ll be helping clients across a range of sectors to collaborate better, within their organisations and with their own partners and clients, by making use of SharePoint and associated Microsoft 365 tools.
Requirements for the SharePoint Consultant
We’re looking for the right person, not just a specific background. Your ability to build rapport with customers and think on your feet is just as important as technical skills and knowledge.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A strong background in SharePoint Online consulting, requirements gathering, configuration, workshops, training
- Knowledge of other Microsoft 365 collaboration tools and ability to relate these to SharePoint and each other
- An understanding of typical change management issues associated with deployments of SharePoint and Microsoft 365 and experience of leading the customer through the process
- Experience engaging with customers at the early stages of a project to match business needs to SharePoint and Microsoft 365 features
- Experience across multiple sectors and a keen interest in understanding how each client’s world works
- An ability to work individually, to manage one’s own time and prioritise competing demands for attention, including being able to set realistic dates for work to be delivered and committing to them
- A willingness to be proactive in approaching and collaborating with colleagues from different parts of the business in order to establish yourself and help identify and progress opportunities with current and prospective clients
It would be useful, although not essential, to have experience of any of the following:
- Experience developing solutions with tools such as Power Automate, PowerApps, Microsoft Forms
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales, Service & Marketing (CRM)
- You’ll build strong relationships with prospective and active customers across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to improve their business through the pragmatic use of technology.
- Your progression is important to us, and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
This role will be based in Durham but most of your work can currently be carried out remotely. Occasional travel to the office and client sites across the UK will be required once COVID restrictions are eased.
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination. Waterstons will make any reason adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
Privacy Statement Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.