A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
As a Software Consultant, you'll be at the forefront of delivering high-quality projects for our clients. Using your expertise in the .NET stack, as well as a variety of other technologies including React, you'll work collaboratively with a skilled team to bring innovative solutions to life. By actively engaging with our clients to understand their needs, you'll ensure that we are not only delivering outstanding value for money but also effectively communicating the full benefits of the solution.
We believe in staying at the forefront of technology and will encourage you to explore new technologies and techniques. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the adoption of new technologies within the team and help shape the direction of our company's technology stack.
The technology stack of the team is as follows:
- Azure DevOps, full lifecycle including build and deployment pipelines in YAML.
- Services in Microsoft Azure - Azure Functions, SQL Server, Cosmos DB etc.
You will not be expected to be a technical authority in any of these, but it is important to understand what the team uses and where you can contribute.
Day to day responsibilities
- Working as part of a team with clients to gather requirements, design bespoke systems and implement change.
- Writing clean, efficient, and well-documented code.
- Assisting with the planning and deploying of systems into environments.
- Collaborating with other team members, including project managers and other developers, to ensure the smooth delivery of the project.
- Staying current with new technology and programming languages.
Some of the skills we are looking for
- A desire to continually learn and develop skills over time, staying abreast of new technologies.
- Thrives working within a team-focused environment with excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service values and the ability to build a strong working relationship with our clients.
Nice to have
- Experience with React/Vue/Angular.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Familiar with DevOps principles and practices
- Experience with cloud-based deployment and scaling.
- Strong understanding of web accessibility and experience implementing it in web development.
- Experience with any other languages or technologies that may be relevant to the role.
The Waterstons Perks
As well as offering a competitive salary, we have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.