Location: Durham (Remote Working available)
Department: Technology Consulting
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Salary: up to £40k + benefits
Job reference: 28/2021
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Solutions Engineer role
Are you looking for a new opportunity to deliver exciting technical solutions? Are you innovative and resourceful? Do you have a passion for new technologies and staying current? If you are – we have just the role for you.
What will I be doing as a Solutions Engineer?
We are looking for someone who has the drive and capability to learn and deliver solutions across our technology areas:
· Infrastructure (e.g Servers, Storage, VMware, Backup, DR, Nutanix, Windows)
· Unified Communications (e.g. Skype for Business, MS Teams, Mitel, Gamma)
· Modern Workplace (e.g O365/M365, Intune, Autopilot, SCCM, Citrix, Horizon, Azure AD/identity)
· Security (e.g Email filtering, web filtering, MFA, AV, ATA/ATP)
· Networking (Cisco, Meraki, LAN, WAN, WLAN)
As a Solutions Engineer you will predominantly be hands-on, implementing technical solutions for our clients that have been designed by our Solution Architects. You will also be expected to build upon those special relationships we have with our clients.
There will also be opportunity for solutions architecture/design within the role and proposal writing is expected.
The role is varied and o day is the same.
Today you could bee assisting with a Datacenter move, tomorrow you might be configuring app protection policies in O365, and the next day you could be implementing Azure MFA on a Cisco ASA. As a Solutions Engineer the opportunities are endless.
Responsibilities for the Solutions Engineer-
The successful candidate will be able to work individually or as a team to implement and consult around the core technology areas. You will be expected to share your knowledge across the business to upskill and empower others. You will also be expected to produce deployment documentation and implement formal quality checks throughout your work. A successful candidate will take an active role in relationship building with our clients and take pride in the work delivered.
Requirements for the Solutions Engineer-
· You’ll have an Interest in designing and implementing solutions within the core technology areas
· You’ll have previous experience in an IT delivery or an IT support role
· You’ll have the ability to work with various departments, cross collaboratively to facilitate the execution of proposed project plans
· You’ll be a critical thinker and can come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems
· You’ll be self-sufficient and be able to work independently
· You’ll be self-motivated and use your initiative
· You’ll be ambitious and invested in your own self development
An exceptional Solutions Engineer will also have-
· Wider academic achievement and industry recognised accreditations, such as Microsoft/VMware and Cisco competencies.
· Previous experience in a consultancy environment
· Previous experience working in a project driven environment
· Solid business and commercial understanding
· Up to date understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you.
Your progression is important to us, and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
This will be based out of our Durham office but most of your work can be carried out remotely. Travel to the office is limited but necessary. Currently we’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work.
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination.
Waterstons will make any reasonable adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.