About the role
We’re looking for a Bespoke Applications Support Consultant ready for a new challenge, to join our ever-growing team and help shape our application support services nationwide.
This is an exciting newly created position in a highly skilled team. We operate a consultant-led team to support our clients’ applications on a remote basis. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for bug fixes, small features and reconfigurations of those applications. Each consultant owns issues reported from beginning to end. You will also be involved in service reviews with the client to gain feedback and build the relationships first hand.
- Offer high-quality software support for clients - predominantly .NET, through bug fixes, reconfiguration and adding small features, to deliver true business value for them.
- Manage live issues with clients, providing clear communication and setting expectations on issues reported.
- Identify root causes and as a result, fix the code, build and deploy.
- Follow processes to deploy fixes to test and go live, as well as identify and log risks around specific client systems.
- Provide consultancy to clients based on expertise in software support, software development and business challenges, so that clients can directly benefit from your experience and knowledge. Travel to and work at client sites to deliver this as required.
- Understand our customers and build productive working relationships with them in order to offer the best possible advice resulting in the highest possible value for them.
We’re looking for the right person, not just a specific background. Your passion for technology and problem solving is just as important as technical skills and knowledge.
You’ll build strong relationships with prospective and active customers across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to improve their business through the pragmatic use of technology.
We would like a person to grow in this area to help us develop our service delivery and service management for applications such that it delights and over delivers for our clients.
We are looking for an individual who can grow into a senior position within the service team, being able to help new members of staff, guide them, and handle escalations and major incidents.
With experience, we also see a successful candidate help around service reviews, risk management and small system changes and expansions (up to around 10 days) that might be outside of support but add value to our clients.
Naturally, by building a good working relationship with the client, this person may become aligned closer to the client and form part of the client management team. Additionally, there will be opportunities to be part of task forces around specific sectors and opportunities to carry out some work with them.
What we’re looking for
- Degree (any subject) with some industry experience or equivalent industry experience (2 years+)
- Experience of SQL Server Management
- Experience of TFS, VSTS, Git or similar
- Experience of deploying software (websites, services, scheduled tasks, databases, SSIS, SSAS)
- Achievement orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent relationship building
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the tenacity to stay with an issue until it is resolved
- A desire to continually learn and develop skills over time, staying abreast of new technologies
About us; we’re different
We’re a business and IT consultancy, on a mission to help our customers build a better business. Headquartered in Durham, with offices in London and Glasgow we’re passionate about working in partnership with our customers to provide them with unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to their business.
Continuous personal and professional development are important to us, so you will be supported, guided and mentored every step of the way. You’ll not only continually develop and learn new skills, but will guide and mentor others too.
Our culture and values are super important to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our ‘people first’ ethos means that we look after both our customers and our own people – who are empowered to make their own decisions, but are always supported. We don’t measure time, we measure achievements; that’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for three consecutive times and why we were shortlisted for Gold Employer of the Year in 2017.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package allowing you a great work-life balance and the opportunity to really develop your knowledge and skills, which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours (although you will staff shifts on the service desk – between 8:00 -18:00)
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Company profit share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Opportunity to develop professional skills
- Support to gain industry standard qualifications
- Free parking at our Glasgow and Durham offices
- And more…
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading IT and business consultancy firm, with an amazing people-focused culture and ambitious growth plans.