We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Bid Manager role
We’re looking for the right person, not specific backgrounds. You will have a passion for winning business in a tendering process environment, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us.
You’ll be an accomplished and commercially minded Bid specialist with desire to step into a management role reporting into board level. This role presents an opportunity for the successful candidate to define a bid submission strategy and to undertake the bidding process at Waterstons
Responsibilities for the Bid Manager
- Management of 3rd party Bid / Tender portal suppliers
- Identify and act on bid, tender and framework opportunities
- Define proposal strategy with Waterstons subject matter experts
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and stakeholders to build bid pipeline.
- Review bid content for accuracy & submission
- End to end project management and production of high-quality tender return documentation; PQQs, Supplier Profiles and Information, ITT’s, ITP’s, RFP’s, RFI’s and more.
- Maintain the tender library documentation
- Build efficiency models and implement improvements
- Support and lead on key tender pitches and presentations
- Identify risks and opportunities associated with tendering opportunities
- Managing existing framework agreements
- Maintaining and tracking the bid pipeline, providing reporting on figures to internal stakeholders
- Follow Bid procedures and produce documentation aligned with brand
- Carrying out final document reviews
- Manage submission of Tenders, Supplier Information, Pitches, and other proposals.
- Raise quality standards of written content & graphic design for bid, tender and framework submissions
- Present market intel from OJEU to guide Waterstons on bid strategy roadmaps & market demands
Required Skills and Experience for the Bid Manager
- You’ll be a highly experienced bid specialist used to project managing bids involving multiple stakeholders
- You’ll be an experienced Bid specialist within IT, technology & software.
- You’ll have commercial flair and be able to challenge & influence bid data, price points & strategy
- You’ll be familiar with the tendering & bid process
- You’ll have great proposal writing skills
- You’ll have high level project management skills and thrive in a deadline driven environment
- You’ll have creative flair to improve the standard and professionalism of our bid content
- You’ll have great technical writing skills to articulate what value Waterstons can bring
- You’ll have excellent proof reading skills and an attention to detail
- You’ll be a commercially driven by demonstrating where you have maximised business opportunity
- You’ll be an educator guiding us to improve our bid processes and enthuse the business for winning new work through great bid management
- You’ll be hands on and able to develop brilliant relationships to enable your and our success
As a Bid Manager you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats. If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you. Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
How will Waterstons reward you?
We offer careers, not jobs and it’s up to you where your career with Waterstons might take you. All employees are given a career development platform with L&D opportunities as well as pension contributions, market leading benefits & flexible option packages. At Waterstons we look for the right person, not just specific backgrounds. You will have a passion for technology, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us. We recruit people who are committed to our values-based approach and want to develop and prosper in a people first organisation. This role will be Durham based to facilitate collaboration with the Team once Covid 19 allows us to return to the workplace. Currently we’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination. Waterstons will make any reason adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
*We are ISO accredited and are committed to ensuring and developing our quality standards and measures. This is an important part of what we do to ensure we are continually raising standards.
Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it. We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We have a working group who are helping to raise the profile of equality, diversity and inclusion both internally and externally and we encourage applications from everyone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach. That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available
Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We'll do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you. Once you’ve applied, we'll be in touch to let you know whether we would like to progress your application. Initially, we'll usually arrange a telephone conversation which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other. From there we'll arrange an interview which will cover both personal skills and professional abilities. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us, no matter the outcome, so are keen to hear what you think of us too.
Reference Number: 06/2021