We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We are passionate about business improvement, challenging clients to put customers are the heart of what they do, refine their processes and reduce waste. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Business Change Manager role
You will be an integral part of a small, ambitious team that are looking to grow sustainably but quickly. If you’re passionate about creatively solving business problems, have a desire to build something sustainable and exciting, want to work with diverse groups of people and skillsets, then we would love to hear from you. The Business Consulting team works across a wide variety of business sectors including manufacturing and engineering, distribution and transport, housing, higher education, engineering and charities.
You won’t ever just be doing one thing and so the role description is deliberately broad. Our strength comes from the diverse backgrounds and interests we have, challenging the accepted wisdom and adding real value through every client interaction. You will be based in the UK within travelling distance of one of our offices in London, Durham or Glasgow.
Responsibilities for the Business Change Manager
The role will involve but not be limited to the following which should also be demonstrated in your experience and resume-
* Apply both business and technology know-how to solving client problems relating to strategy, culture, change management, digital technology, systems, building business cases and innovation.
* You’ve applied technology to solve problems but you’ll understand that far more than technology is needed to make a solution stick. You don’t need to be a technologist to do this role well, but an appreciation of technology and the ability to interact with IT professionals will help.
* We don’t have salespeople and so you’ll seek leads and generate new business for both the Business Consulting team and other service teams.
* Client management, ensuring client relationships, customer satisfaction and the service delivery are at the highest level. This includes writing sales proposals, tender responses and leading high-value bids as appropriate. * Leading and delivering projects with contributions from both the Business Consulting team and from across other service teams. * You’ll be happy to impart your knowledge; increasing awareness of and generating interest in Waterstons. * We are a small but growing team, who work closely together. You’ll be comfortable mentoring and guiding more junior staff. * Having a passion for your specialism which could be a sector, industry or an area of business consulting practice and using that passion to grow this for Waterstons.
Required Skills & Criteria for the Business Change Manager
We really value diversity, sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we are looking for, do apply!
* You might not already be a Consultant but you’ll be able to demonstrate how you can use your experience to date to transfer into a consulting role.
* A people person you’ll be looking forward to getting back out to meeting people once it is safe to do so. * You’ll have wide experience of delivering transformation within organisations * You’ll be happy to talk confidently with people but also and more importantly listen, challenge and build rapport. * You won’t be afraid of the limelight and will be happy to present to clients, deliver training, webinars and face-to-face events on a range of business consulting topics. * You’ll get enjoyment from learning new things and be comfortable not always being the smartest person in the room. You’ll seek to keep your knowledge up-to-date with the latest business thinking and sector trends.
* You’ll be outgoing and enjoy creating solutions to problems. Enjoy working closely with others and be happy to lead. * You’ll have experience and expertise in a particular sector, a strong network and be able to bring this knowledge to discussions with clients and prospects about the sector. The sectors we are particularly interested in currently are higher education, housing associations, architecture, councils and public sector, manufacturing, construction and heavy engineering and chemical processing. If you have deep experience of a different sector this wouldn’t rule you out, if you can demonstrate that is just as relevant in using technology to solve business problems.
As a Business Change Manager you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats. If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you. Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
This role will can be based in either Durham, London or Glasgow. Travel to our office & client sites is essential in this role when required. We’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work wherever we can.
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination. Waterstons will make any reason adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
*We are ISO accredited and are committed to ensuring and developing our quality standards and measures. This is an important part of what we do to ensure we are continually raising standards.
Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it. We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We have a working group who are helping to raise the profile of equality, diversity and inclusion both internally and externally and we encourage applications from everyone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach. That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
* A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
* Unlimited holiday allowance * Flexible working hours * Private medical Insurance * Technical development opportunities and sponsored training * Enhanced family policies * If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance * Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives * Employee assistance programm * Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available * Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We'll do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you. Once you’ve applied, we'll be in touch to let you know whether we would like to progress your application. Initially, we'll usually arrange a telephone conversation which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other. From there we'll arrange an interview which will cover both personal skills and professional abilities. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us, no matter the outcome, so are keen to hear what you think of us too.
Reference Number- 12/2021