We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Cloud Solutions Engineer role
We’re looking for the right person, not specific backgrounds. You will have a passion for winning business in a tendering process environment, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us.
As part of the Waterstons Cloud Practice, a Cloud Engineer is responsible for the hands-on technical implementation of cloud services for our clients. Working with the Cloud Architects in the practice, who will design the high-level architecture, a Cloud Engineer will maintain technical ownership of a projects deliverables, throughout the project lifecycle and provide hand over of completed projects to the Cloud operations team. A Cloud Engineer is pivotal in developing our cloud offering through the implementation of cloud standards, best practices and cloud-native tools to aid in automation. The customer is at the heart of what we do, all projects we undertake must be business first, adding true value to the organisation. The role requires good people management skills, this will be a customer facing role that will act as the Trusted Advisor for our clients. Typically running multiple projects at any one time, a Cloud Solutions Engineer must be able to manage their own time and priorities. They should also have the ability to apply creativity to their solutions and be comfortable sharing their knowledge with a range of people, including clients.
Successful candidates will have experience in a broad range of Amazon Web Services technologies (as listed below). A candidate will have worked in a Microsoft technology environment for at least 3 years in a project driven environment.
Required Skills and Experience for the Cloud Solutions Engineer
- Cloud services implementation experience in Amazon Web Services
- Cloud migration experience into Amazon Web Services from on-premise environments
- Specific experience in delivering solutions that utilise AWS EC2, S3 and VPC’s
- Experience with cloud automation and orchestration tools, such as Ansible and Terraform, or experience automating with popular scripting languages such as PowerShell or Python
- Experience in utilising cloud native monitoring and security tools
- Technical expertise in the full stack of Microsoft Technologies (Active Directory, Internet Information Services, SQL Server and general Windows Server technologies)
- Technical expertise in general networking (DNS, DHCP, IP addressing, routing)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands on their time
- The ability to influence others, set expectations and plan and co-ordinate their own projects
An exceptional Cloud Solutions Engineer should also demonstrate experience of:
- AWS Certified: Cloud Solutions Architect Associate
- Non-cloud specialist technologies such as VMware, HyperV, and Veeam
As a Cloud Solutions Engineer you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to improve their business through the pragmatic use of technology. If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you. Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
Our cloud credentials
Waterstons is a Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider and a Gold partner in Cloud Platform and Cloud Productivity. Waterstons is also an Amazon Web Services partner. Over 80% of our clients utilise the cloud in some way, from Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure to Amazon Web Services. So far this year, we have migrated over 1 PB of servers, applications and storage into Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
How will Waterstons reward you?
We offer careers, not jobs and it’s up to you where your career with Waterstons might take you. All employees are given a career development platform with L&D opportunities as well as pension contributions, market leading benefits & flexible option packages. At Waterstons we look for the right person, not just specific backgrounds. You will have a passion for technology, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us. We recruit people who are committed to our values-based approach and want to develop and prosper in a people first organisation.
This role will be Remote / Flexible on location. Currently we’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination. Waterstons will make any reason adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
*We are ISO accredited and are committed to ensuring and developing our quality standards and measures. This is an important part of what we do to ensure we are continually raising standards.
Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it. We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We have a working group who are helping to raise the profile of equality, diversity and inclusion both internally and externally and we encourage applications from everyone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach. That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
* A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
* Unlimited holiday allowance * Flexible working hours * Private medical Insurance * Technical development opportunities and sponsored training * Enhanced family policies * If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance * Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance * Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available * Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We'll do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you. Once you’ve applied, we'll be in touch to let you know whether we would like to progress your application. Initially, we'll usually arrange a telephone conversation which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other. From there we'll arrange an interview which will cover both personal skills and professional abilities. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us, no matter the outcome, so are keen to hear what you think of us too.
Reference Number- 08/2020