We’re looking for the right person, not specific backgrounds. You'll have a passion for cloud technology, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us.
We're an anti-discrimination employer and we’re committed to ensuring diversity and inclusivity. We won't discount someone based upon technical skills alone.
We recruit people who are committed to our values-based approach and want to develop and prosper in a people first organisation.
As a Cloud Support Consultant, you'll build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to improve their business through the pragmatic use of technology.
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you.
Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
About the role
We’re not a typical IT or Consultancy organisation. We provide industry specific knowledge and expertise and help shape the future for our clients by partnering with them.
You’ll be passionate, pragmatic and ready for a new challenge. It's far from your average job and you'll be working with a variety of our clients across the UK and beyond.
We're looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for cloud technology to join our exciting new Cloud Practice at Waterstons, working with an expanding team of Cloud Architects and Engineers and Support Consultants.
As part of the Waterstons Cloud Practice and Remote Support team, a Cloud Support Consultant is responsible for maintaining the daily operations of our client’s cloud services. You'll be working with our Cloud Solution Architects and Cloud Solution Engineers, who implement cloud services for our clients, and the Waterstons Remote Services Team, who provide comprehensive support across all services (incl. on-premise). The Cloud Support Consultant will ensure cloud services are handed over as part of a project, are continually monitored, maintained, optimised and secured throughout its lifecycle. This role is pivotal in developing our cloud offering through the implementation of cloud standards, best practices and cloud-native tools to aid in proactive response to cloud operations.
The role requires good communication and teamwork skills, and will act as a bridge between implementation and operations which is key to the success of our Managed Service offering which increasingly leverages cloud solutions. Typically supporting multiple cloud services for multiple clients at any one time, a Cloud Support Consultant must be able to manage their own time and priorities. They should also have the ability to apply creativity to their solutions and be comfortable sharing their knowledge across the various teams at Waterstons.
- Be the first point of contact for our customers in need of technical support, which may be via email or phone. You’ll own, manage and resolve their problem.
- Triage any tickets that come into Waterstons, appropriately prioritising these so they can be actioned accordingly.
- Responsible for recording your time when working on issues to enable accurate billing to clients.
- In charge of troubleshooting issues that come in and liaising with colleagues and customers as required to resolve these in a timely fashion.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve our customers businesses and add value through the use of technology.
- Working within a larger team you’ll provide a range of support from 1st to 3rd line, working remotely from the office, with potential to spend time on site with our clients nationwide.
Skills and Experience
Successful candidates will have experience in a broad range of Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services technologies (as listed below). A candidate will have worked in a Microsoft technology environment for at least 1 year in a support driven environment.
A successful candidate should have:
- Operational experience managing, maintaining, and supporting cloud services in Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Specific experience with cloud services such as Azure Virtual Machines, Blob Storage, Log Analytics, vNets or AWS EC2, S3 and VPC’s
- Experience automating with popular scripting languages such as PowerShell or Python
- Experience in utilising cloud native monitoring and security tools
- Technical knowledge of the full stack of Microsoft Technologies (Active Directory, Internet Information Services, SQL Server and general Windows Server technologies)
- Technical expertise in general networking (DNS, DHCP, IP addressing, routing)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands on their time
- The ability to influence others, set expectations and plan and co-ordinate changes or fixes
An exceptional candidate will be:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate or AWS Certified: SysOps Administrator
and could also demonstrate experience of:
- Cloud automation and orchestration tools, such as Ansible and Terraform
- Non-cloud specialist technologies such as VMware, HyperV, and Veeam
Our cloud credentials
We're a Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider and a Gold partner in Cloud Platform and Cloud Productivity. We're also an Amazon Web Services partner. Over 80% of our clients utilise the cloud in some way, from Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure to Amazon Web Services.
So far this year, we have migrated over 1 PB of servers, applications and storage into Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it.
We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We have a working group who are helping to raise the profile of equality, diversity and inclusion both internally and externally and we encourage applications from everyone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach.
That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available
Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We'll do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you.
Once you’ve applied, we'll be in touch to let you know whether we would like to progress your application. Initially, we'll usually arrange a telephone conversation which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other.
From there we'll arrange an interview which will cover both personal skills and professional abilities. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us, no matter the outcome, so are keen to hear what you think of us too.
Reference number: 13/2020