We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Infrastructure Engineer role
We’re looking for the right person, not specific backgrounds. You will have a passion for winning business in a tendering process environment, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us.
We work with a wide variety of customers, providing bespoke support services, technical escalation routes and IT service management. We’re looking for a technically savvy person who’ll be involved in ensuring the successful operation of our clients’ IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis. Whilst also identifying areas where technology can improve their business performance and carrying out the associated technical implementations.
You could be working alongside colleagues at our Waterstons office or directly with the clients, alongside their onsite IT team. It does vary which is one of the reasons why it’s an exciting and challenging role. As our clients are not all in one place, you may be required at times to work across the UK to support colleagues and clients, but we will always try to work with you to make sure this is mutually beneficial.
Successful candidates will have experience in a broad range of technologies that we use every day in a support capacity – preferably with some industry standard accreditations to back this up.
If you enjoy a varied environment, working closely with customers, and have experience in IT support, good interpersonal, listening and troubleshooting skills then this could be the role for you.
Required Skills and Experience for the Infrastructure Engineer
- Experience in 2nd / 3rd line role support roles
- Key Microsoft Stack: Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Server, SQL, Office 365, SharePoint, SCCM
- Networking (CCNA or an equivalent would be an advantage)
- Unified Communication solutions such as Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams and Mitel
- Cloud Infrastructure/Platforms such as Azure and AWS
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V
- SAN and Storage technologies including underlying fabric
- Backup/Replication Technologies such as Veeam
- ITIL for service management
Personal Skills needed for the Infrastructure Engineer:
- An ability to think analytically and enjoy solving client’s technical problems
- Acute attention to detail, someone who’s resilient and results oriented
- You’ll be personable, customer focused and have the ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues
- Experience within an MSP environment is preferred but not essential
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to win and secure business through the use of your marketing services and our technology. If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you. Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
How will Waterstons reward you?
We offer careers, not jobs and it’s up to you where your career with Waterstons might take you. All employees are given a career development platform with L&D opportunities as well as pension contributions, market leading benefits & flexible option packages. At Waterstons we look for the right person, not just specific backgrounds. You will have a passion for technology, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us. We recruit people who are committed to our values-based approach and want to develop and prosper in a people first organisation.
This role will be Durham based to facilitate collaboration with the Team once Covid 19 allows us to return to the workplace. Currently we’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination. Waterstons will make any reason adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
*We are ISO accredited and are committed to ensuring and developing our quality standards and measures. This is an important part of what we do to ensure we are continually raising standards.
Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it. We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We have a working group who are helping to raise the profile of equality, diversity and inclusion both internally and externally and we encourage applications from everyone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach. That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
* A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
* Unlimited holiday allowance * Flexible working hours * Private medical Insurance * Technical development opportunities and sponsored training * Enhanced family policies * If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance * Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance * Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available * Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We'll do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you. Once you’ve applied, we'll be in touch to let you know whether we would like to progress your application. Initially, we'll usually arrange a telephone conversation which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other. From there we'll arrange an interview which will cover both personal skills and professional abilities. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us, no matter the outcome, so are keen to hear what you think of us too.
Reference Number- 09/2021