We’re on the lookout for an enthusiastic apprentice who is looking for a career in IT to work on our support desk. You’ll need excellent problem solving skills, a passion for learning and a focus on providing exceptional customer service and first class support to our varied portfolio of customers.
As the person on the front line, you’ll be involved in supporting our clients’ IT infrastructure and applications on a day-to-day basis. This will give you an insight into a wide variety of technologies and a great understanding of how our customers work. You will be part of a team that have the opportunity to influence and contribute to implementing continuous improvements to the way in which we work.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people that are honest and confident as well as friendly, someone who is customer focussed, empathetic and proactive with a passion for learning. We don’t expect you to be an expert in the technologies we use immediately – we want people who are keen to learn and have a drive to succeed.
To take part in the level 4 programme, you will need A/Levels or equivalent, as well as GCSE Maths and English at C or grade 4
- Customer service orientation – you’ll be able to demonstrate strong customer facing skills with an instinctive understanding of the needs of our customers. You’ll always be looking to deliver to a high standard to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Listening skills and empathy – you’ll have a talent for getting to the bottom of what the real issue is and unearth important details.
- Relationship building skills – you’ll be approachable and helpful to both colleagues and customers.
- Passion for technology and innovations in IT – as your role will involve working and learning new technologies, having a passion for it is a must!
- Organisation skills – you’ll be a key part of a busy office environment and you must be able to organise your time and resources effectively.
- Initiative – you’ll be required to work independently and demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in solving problems.
Reference number: (05-2019)