We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Lead Data Engineer role
As a client facing Lead Data Engineer you will be an integral part of a small, ambitious team that are looking to grow sustainably but quickly. If you’re passionate about data, have a desire to build something sustainable and exciting, want to work with a diverse group of people, then we would love to hear from you. The Data team currently work with several universities and charities, a distributor of frozen foods, a motorway services company and many other businesses.
Responsibilities for the Lead Data Engineer-
- Understanding and listening to our clients and delivering appropriate solutions which may include data exports, building data warehouses and developing reports
- Owning, delivering & overseeing data and analytics projects in partnership with our clients
- Supporting multiple data projects across a range of clients
- Proposing, designing, and delivering suitable architectures
- Have the confidence to challenge clients and suggesting better ways to solve their problems
- Mentoring, supporting & upskilling the data & analytics team
- Influencing & define best practices in delivering data solutions
Requirement for the Lead Data Engineer:
- Database technologies, including Microsoft SQL. Querying, designing and building data warehouse, data lakes & data stores.
- Working with ERP / CRM (or other business systems) to find and extract data
- Designing / building ETL & ELT pipelines using SSIS / Azure Data Factory
- Multi-dimensional and tabular data modelling
- Power BI
- Gathering customer requirements and turning them into a plan for implementation
An exceptional Lead Data Engineer may have:
- Experience of master data management, data governance and data strategies a bonus but not essential
- Previous experience of working in a consultancy environment.
- A good understanding of how being part of a consultancy environment may differ from being a member of an in-house team.
As a Lead Data Engineer you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats.
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you. Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
This role will be Durham Based but we can be flexible on location. Currently we’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination. Waterstons will make any reason adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
*We are ISO accredited and are committed to ensuring and developing our quality standards and measures. This is an important part of what we do to ensure we are continually raising standards.
Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it. We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We have a working group who are helping to raise the profile of equality, diversity and inclusion both internally and externally and we encourage applications from everyone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach. That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
* A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
* Unlimited holiday allowance * Flexible working hours * Private medical Insurance * Technical development opportunities and sponsored training * Enhanced family policies * If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance * Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives * Employee assistance programm * Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available * Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We'll do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you. Once you’ve applied, we'll be in touch to let you know whether we would like to progress your application. Initially, we'll usually arrange a telephone conversation which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other. From there we'll arrange an interview which will cover both personal skills and professional abilities. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us, no matter the outcome, so are keen to hear what you think of us too.
Reference Number- 10/2021