We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
As an Office 365 Specialist you will be an integral part of our collaborations team that are looking at enhancing our Office 365 / SharePoint service offering to a portfolio of clients which include several universities and charities, a distributor of frozen foods, a motorway services company and many other businesses.
Responsibilities for the client facing Office 365 Specialist will include-
- Work as part of a team to design, implement and consult around the Microsoft 365 platform, particularly SharePoint.
- Marry user needs into implementing & supporting SharePoint / Teams products
- Take responsibility for building relationships with clients and producing solutions around their needs.
- Be involved in presales activities including writing proposals for solutions.
- Work alongside other teams to deliver joined up services to clients, including software developers, infrastructure engineers and business consultants.
- Help guide, mentor and train junior staff to support their development.
We are looking for the following requirement for the client facing Office 365 Specialist:
- SharePoint, Microsoft 365 & Office 365 Consultancy
- SharePoint Subject Matter Expert / Power User
- Designed solutions for Teams, SharePoint Online, Dynamics 365
- Driving solution Adoption / Build proof of concepts / Lead implementations
- Front End design / User experience skills in SharePoint O365
- Configure & administer Office 365 / Microsoft 365 solution
- Office 365 product Deployment (governance & compliance)
How will Waterstons reward you?
We offer careers, not jobs and it’s up to you where your career with Waterstons might take you.
All employees are given a career development platform with L&D opportunities as well as pension contributions, market leading benefits & flexible option packages.
At Waterstons we look for the right person, not just specific backgrounds. You will have a passion for technology, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us.
We recruit people who are committed to our values-based approach and want to develop and prosper in a people first organisation.
This role will be Durham based to facilitate collaboration with the Team once Covid 19 allows us to return to the workplace. Currently we’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination.
Waterstons will make any reason adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
*We are ISO accredited and are committed to ensuring and developing our quality standards and measures. This is an important part of what we do to ensure we are continually raising standards.
Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it.
We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We have a working group who are helping to raise the profile of equality, diversity and inclusion both internally and externally and we encourage applications from everyone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach.
That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available
Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We'll do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you.
Once you’ve applied, we'll be in touch to let you know whether we would like to progress your application. Initially, we'll usually arrange a telephone conversation which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other.
From there we'll arrange an interview which will cover both personal skills and professional abilities. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us, no matter the outcome, so are keen to hear what you think of us too.
Reference Number: 01/2021