About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion to deliver programmes of work and complex projects across a range of industry sectors. The projects we deliver vary significantly and can involve multiple work streams and dependencies so you will need to be flexible, quick to learn and willing to take on new challenges.
As a project manager at Waterstons, you will be expected to manage and take responsibility for all facets of a client project/programme of work throughout the project lifecycle. This can include: -
- Understanding the customers business needs and confirming project requirements to meet them.
- Agreeing project definition, scope and a commercial arrangement that is workable by all parties.
- Establishing strong project governance, supporting senior management as required.
- Understanding the impact on the client and advising on business change strategies.
- Planning and organising the structures for delivery which could include Waterstons, client and/or third party teams.
You will also have opportunities to take part in wider consulting assignments such as project review and IT due diligence assessments, as well as supporting sales activities across all business areas of Waterstons.
In addition to client facing work you will work with other Waterstons project managers to improve the quality of project management across the organisation. You will achieve this by contributing to our training and mentoring programmes and the improvement of our tools, methods and standards as we continue to grow.
With a proven track record in programme and project management across a range of industries and technologies, supported by a recognized project management qualification. We are not looking for deep technical knowledge but would like you to have experience of working with IT infrastructure, software development, ERP implementation and IT strategy projects. We're also looking for someone who has:
- An ability to deliver projects to time, cost and quality and most importantly customer satisfaction.
- Good knowledge of MS Project and project/portfolio management tools.
- You will have a good high level understanding of infrastructure technology, and be able to understand technical architecture.
- You will be self-motivated and able to engage, motivate and coach your team members throughout the project.
- You'll be a clear and concise communicator, able to explain technical and project challenges to customers who will have a wide range of IT experience.
- You'll be excellent at building relationships across all levels of the client organisation from board member to team member and be able to manage points of conflict to a conclusion that meets the clients best interest.
About us; we’re different
We’re a business and IT consultancy, on a mission to help our customers build a better business. Headquartered in Durham, with offices in London and Glasgow we’re passionate about working in partnership with our customers to provide them with unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to their business.
Continuous personal and professional development are important to us, so you will be supported, guided and mentored every step of the way. You’ll not only continually develop your own skills, but will guide and mentor others too.
Our culture and values inform and influence everything we do. Our ‘people first’ ethos means that we look after both our customers and our own people – who are empowered to make their own decisions, but are always supported. We don’t measure time, we measure achievements; that’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for three consecutive times and why we were shortlisted for Gold Employer of the Year in 2017.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package allowing you a great work-life balance and the opportunity to really develop your knowledge and skills, which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Company profit share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Opportunity to develop professional skills
- Support to gain industry standard qualifications
- Opportunity to develop professional skills and to gain industry standard qualifications
- Season ticket travel loan
- And more…
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading IT and business consultancy firm, with an amazing people-focused culture and ambitious growth plans.