We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Security Consultant
We’re looking for the right person, not specific backgrounds. You will have a passion for technology, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us.
We're an anti-discrimination employer and we’re committed to ensuring diversity and inclusivity. We will not discount someone based upon technical skills alone. We recruit people who are committed to our values-based approach and want to develop and prosper in a people first organisation.
Some of the skills we’re interested in include: * We’re looking for someone with acute attention to detail, who’s resilient and results oriented. An analytical thinker you’ll also be keen to keep on learning and developing new skills and use your initiative to solve problems. * You’ll have great organisation, timekeeping and prioritisation skills. * You’ll be personable, customer focused and have the ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues. * We’re looking for someone with a passion for security and technology, who can help drive the offering forward. This passion will also be used to identify and solve problems at our clients to improve their security posture. * We’re looking for someone who can keep calm under pressure, as you’ll be remediating major security incidents and will be expected to lead the response. * We’re looking for someone with relevant experience or a degree in Cyber Security or a related subject.
As a Security Consultant within Remote Services, you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats. If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you. Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
About the Security Consultant role
We’re not a typical IT or Consultancy organisation. We provide industry specific knowledge and expertise and help shape the future for our clients by partnering with them.
You’ll be passionate, pragmatic and ready for a new challenge. It is far from your average job and you will be working with a variety of our clients across the UK and beyond.
Our SOC service is one of the latest service innovations presenting the opportunity for those with entrepreneurial flare to mark their mark on this evolving offering. We are aiming to build a team of the best and brightest talent to ensure our clients infrastructure and reputation is safe guarded against the ever-evolving cyber threat landscape.
The role will involve looking after Security Operations for a range of clients and sectors and responding to any active threats. Some of the daily responsibilities include:
- Responding to alerts generated by:
- o Antivirus Software
- o Cloud Platforms (Office 365, Azure etc)
- o Web Filtering systems
- o Firewalls
- o IDS/IPS
- o Systems integrated into our SIEM tool
- You’ll respond to user logged incidents (Phishing, malware, or security concerns).
- You’ll collaborate with other teams to remediate vulnerabilities.
- You’ll be responsible for collaborating with other departments to create monthly security reports which is then discussed with clients.
- You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers in need of Security support, which may be via email or phone. You’ll own, manage and resolve their problems.
- You’ll need to triage any tickets that come in to Waterstons, appropriately prioritising these so that they can be actioned according to need.
- Managing your own queue of tickets, you’ll take ownership of new tickets as and when you are able, ensuring the customer is communicated with and that issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- You’ll be responsible for recording your time when working on issues to enable accurate billing to clients.
- You’ll be in charge of troubleshooting issues that come in and liaising with colleagues and customers as required to resolve these in a timely fashion.
- You’ll continually look for opportunities to improve our customers businesses and add value through the use of technology. Including evaluating new technical solutions and approaches to ensure our clients have the appropriate security controls to safeguard their organisation.
- You’ll be expected to remain current with Security trends, tools and general technology. You’ll also share this knowledge with the wider team and Waterstons.
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business. Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it. We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people, who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We have a working group who are helping to raise the profile of equality, diversity and inclusion both internally and externally and we encourage applications from everyone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach. That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available
Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We'll do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you.
Once you’ve applied, we'll be in touch to let you know whether we would like to progress your application. Initially, we'll usually arrange a telephone conversation which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other.
From there we'll arrange an interview which will cover both personal skills and professional abilities. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us, no matter the outcome, so are keen to hear what you think of us too.