We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
About the Senior Information Security Consultant role
We’re looking for the right person, not specific backgrounds. You will have a passion for Information Security, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us.
We're seek for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for cloud technology to join our exciting newly formed Information Security Practice at Waterstons, working with an expanding team of Information & Cyber Security Engineers and Consultants. Ideally an experienced Information Security Consultant seeking a new challenge to join our growing Cyber team and help shape the company’s security and compliance services nationwide for a leading IT and business consultancy, supporting national and international clients.
Responsibilities for the Senior Information Security Consultant
The role will involve the delivery of information security and compliance projects and providing mentoring and support to junior team members to raise the skills and service offerings of the team. You will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities with clients and prospects, acting as their trusted advisor to provide them with unrivalled advice and solutions and demonstrating how the company’s Cyber team can add value to their business. Working with the rest of the Cyber team, you will deliver projects including information security strategy, data protection consultancy and assessments against frameworks such as ISO 27001:2013 and Cyber Essentials and keeping ahead of the latest information security and data protection best practice, to provide clients with the best advice. The successful candidate will need a driving licence due to the requirement to visit clients throughout the UK; and there is also the potential for international travel. With a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, you will be educated to degree level or have equivalent industry experience.
Required skills and experience for the Senior Information Security Consultant
- Highly knowledgeable in risk management and information security governance
- Experience or good understanding of implementing and maintaining ISO 27001:2013 compliant management systems
- Excellent customer service values ensuring the company becomes a trusted strategic advisor to clients
- Experience of networking and sharing knowledge via public seminars and writing thought leadership articles relating to information security best practice
- Wider technical knowledge of information security standards and best practice including Cyber essentials and ISO 27001:2013
- Experience in drafting security policies and procedures
- Experience designing and delivering user training and awareness programmes
- A good understanding of Data Protection (beneficial)
- Certifications ISO 27001 Lead Auditor/Implementer, CISSP, CISM & CISA (beneficial)
As a Senior Information Security Consultant you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats. If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you. Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
This role will be either London or Durham based to facilitate collaboration with the Team once Covid 19 allows us to return to the workplace. Some Client do require on-site support but this is limited (1-2 days per month). Currently we’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work.
Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it.
We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people, who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, We're an anti-discrimination employer and we’re committed to ensuring diversity and inclusivity. We will not discount someone based upon technical skills alone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach.
We recruit people who are committed to our values-based approach and want to develop and prosper in a people first organisation. That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
* A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
* Unlimited holiday allowance * Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training * Enhanced family policies * If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance * Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance * Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available * Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We'll do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you.
Once you’ve applied, we'll be in touch to let you know whether we would like to progress your application. Initially, we'll usually arrange a telephone conversation which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other.
From there we'll arrange an interview which will cover both personal skills and professional abilities. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us, no matter the outcome, so are keen to hear what you think of us too.