About the role
We're looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion to deliver complex projects across a range of industry sectors. The projects we deliver vary significantly and can involve multiple work streams and dependencies so you will need to be flexible, quick to learn and willing to take on new challenges.
As a project manager at Waterstons you'll manage and take responsibility for all facets of a project throughout its lifecycle (from initial enquiry, through to proposal, project initiation, delivery and closure). This can include:
- Understanding the customer’s business needs and confirming project requirements to meet them
- Understand technology well enough to work with the technology team to design a solution that the project will deliver
- Agreeing project definition, scope and a commercial arrangement that is workable by all parties
- Establishing strong project governance, supporting senior management as required
- Deliver the project, working with technical teams from both customer and Waterstons: reporting as per agreed governance structure (often senior representatives from the customer); project planning, risks, issues and action management; change and communication management
- Take part in wider consulting assignments such as business process reengineer and design, IT due diligence assessments, as well as supporting sales activities across all business areas of Waterstons.
In addition to client facing work you'll collaborate with other Waterstons project managers to improve the quality of project management across the organisation, through contributing to our training and mentoring programmes and the improvement of our tools, methods and standards as we continue to grow.
You'll have a proven track record in business consultancy and project management across a range of industries and technologies. We're not looking for deep technical knowledge but would like you to have experience of working with IT infrastructure, software development, ERP implementation and IT strategy projects.
You'll be brilliant at seeing the bigger picture and understanding the business problem or opportunities being addressed. You’re a self-starter and able to engage, motivate and coach your team members throughout the project. You're a clear and concise communicator, able to explain technical and project challenges to customers who will have a wide range of IT experience. And you'll be excellent at building relationships across all levels of the client organisation from board member to team member and be able to manage points of conflict to a conclusion that meets the client’s best interest.
About us; we’re different
We’re a business and IT consultancy, on a mission to help our customers build a better business. Headquartered in Durham, with offices in London and Glasgow we’re passionate about working in partnership with our customers to provide them with unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to their business.
Continuous personal and professional development are important to us, so you will be supported, guided and mentored every step of the way. You’ll not only continually develop your own skills, but will guide and mentor others too.
Our culture and values inform and influence everything we do. Our ‘people first’ ethos means that we look after both our customers and our own people – who are empowered to make their own decisions, but are always supported. We don’t measure time, we measure achievements; that’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for three consecutive times and why we were shortlisted for Gold Employer of the Year in 2017.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package allowing you a great work-life balance and the opportunity to really develop your knowledge and skills, which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Company profit share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Opportunity to develop professional skills
- Support to gain industry standard qualifications
- Season ticket travel loan
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading IT and business consultancy firm, with an amazing people-focused culture and ambitious growth plans.