About the role
We’re looking for a unique individual with over 5 years of professional service experience, who can build trusted relationships at every level of an organisation through their technical expertise. You must have the ability to define and implement the latest infrastructure technology solutions and be willing to assist where required with IT operations and support functions for our customers.
The role involves managing your own project delivery or working as part of a project team. You’ll also work with colleagues to help influence technology strategy for clients as a result of changing business requirements. You will be required to use your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor junior members of the team.
This is far from your average consultancy role and you’ll be working (often on-site) with a variety of our clients throughout the UK. They range from smaller single-site organisations to large multi-nationals. The working hours are flexible to fit the client’s needs and priorities, managed by you. The operating environments of our clients are often complex, geographically dispersed and business critical.
A successful candidate should have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands on your time
- The ability to influence others, set expectations and plan and co-ordinate programmes of work
- Experience of working in an IT operations or similar role
- A good and demonstrable understanding of the full stack of Microsoft Technologies (Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business (formally Lync), System Centre, and general Windows Server technologies is required
- Knowledge and expertise in implementing service management frameworks such as ITIL, and a good understanding of where and how to apply these
An exceptional candidate should also demonstrate experience of aspects such as:
- Specialist technologies such as Azure, AWS, Citrix, O365, VMware, System Centre (Operations Manager, Configuration Manager, Orchestrator), and Veeam
- A track record of project management
- Delivering service improvements utilising frameworks such as ITIL
Successful candidates will ideally be educated to degree level and have experience in a broad range of technologies – preferably with industry standard accreditations to back this up.
About us; we’re different
We’re a business and IT consultancy, on a mission to help our customers build a better business. Headquartered in Durham, with offices in London and Glasgow we’re passionate about working in partnership with our customers to provide them with unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to their business.
Continuous personal and professional development are important to us, so you will be supported, guided and mentored every step of the way. You’ll not only continually develop and learn new skills, but will guide and mentor others too.
Our culture and values are super important to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our ‘people first’ ethos means that we look after both our customers and our own people – who are empowered to make their own decisions, but are always supported. We don’t measure time, we measure achievements; that’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for three consecutive times and why we were shortlisted for Gold Employer of the Year in 2017.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package allowing you a great work-life balance and the opportunity to really develop your knowledge and skills, which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Company profit share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Opportunity to develop professional skills
- Support to gain industry standard qualifications
- Free parking at our Glasgow (Motherwell) and Durham offices
- Season ticket travel loan where applicable
- And more…
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading IT and business consultancy firm, with an amazing people-focused culture and ambitious growth plans. If you enjoy a varied environment, and working with customers to solve their problems, then we want to hear from you.