We’re on the lookout for a Technology Consultant to join our unique service desk team, supporting our clients’ IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis.
We work with a wide variety of national and international customers, providing custom support services and technical escalation routes. As a Service Desk Technology Consultant, you’ll be our clients’ first point of contact and will own, manage and solve their technical problems.
We’re looking for someone with at least two years’ experience in IT support. You’ll have brilliant communication, listening and troubleshooting skills and you’ll thoroughly enjoy solving technical problems.
Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. You could follow a service management, technology specialist or even business consulting direction. We quickly reward those who perform well. Continuous personal and professional development are also important to us, so you will be supported, guided and mentored every step of the way.
- You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers in need of technical support, which may be via email or phone. You’ll own, manage and resolve their problems.
- You’ll need to triage any tickets that come in to Waterstons, appropriately prioritising these so that they can be actioned according to need.
- Managing your own queue of tickets, you’ll take ownership of new tickets as and when you are able, ensuring the customer is communicated with and that issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- You’ll be responsible for recording your time when working on issues to enable accurate billing to clients.
- You’ll be in charge of troubleshooting issues that come in and liaising with colleagues and customers as required to resolve these in a timely fashion.
- You’ll continually look for opportunities to improve our customers businesses and add value through the use of technology.
- Working within a larger team you’ll provide a range of support from 1st to 3rd line, working remotely from the office, however there is some potential to spend time on site with our clients nationwide.
Skills and experience
- We typically expect A Levels and relevant experience or a Degree in an appropriate subject
- You’ll have great organisation, timekeeping and prioritisation skills
- You’ll be personable, customer focussed and have the ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues
Successful candidates will have experience in a broad range of technologies that we use every day in a support capacity – preferably with some industry standard accreditations to back this up and an understanding of server and desktop operating systems. Some of the areas that we look for are:
- Key Microsoft server roles (Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business, Windows Server, SQL, SharePoint, System Center)
- Experience of service desk and monitoring systems
- ITIL for service management
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V
- SAN and Storage technologies including underlying fabric
- Backup/Replication Technologies such as Veeam
We’re looking for someone with acute attention to detail, who’s resilient and results oriented. An analytical thinker you’ll also be keen to keep learning and developing new skills and use your initiative to solve problems.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a unique IT and Business consultancy firm, with an amazing people-focused culture and ambitious growth plans.
Our people first culture means that we look after our own people, as well as our customers. We offer the opportunity to continually develop your professional skills, to work flexibly – whenever and wherever is most appropriate, unlimited holiday allowance, company profit share scheme, private family medical insurance, a great work life balance, as well as a competitive salary.
We’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People three consecutive times and shortlisted for Gold Employer of the Year 2017
Reference number: (08-2018)