About the role
We’re looking for a SharePoint & Office 365 Consultant, ready for a new challenge, to join our ever-growing team and help shape our Collaboration services nationwide.
This role is based at our head office in Durham, and you’ll be mainly working from that office, with some work being carried out on-site at our clients around the UK, from our other offices in Glasgow and London, and/or remotely where it suits.
You will work as part of a team of Collaboration consultants and developers, within our Bespoke Software department. The role involves working with different clients on a mixture of engagements; a typical month might be a mixture of single or multiple-day visits to clients, time in the office writing proposals, and time spent on personal development. There will also be larger projects where you will work alongside colleagues to deliver work as a joint effort.
You’ll be helping clients across a range of sectors to collaborate better, within their organisations and with their own partners and clients, by making use of appropriate Office 365 technologies.
We’re looking for the right person, not just a specific background. Your passion for technology and problem solving is just as important as technical skills and knowledge. We’re looking for someone with:
- A strong background in SharePoint consulting, implementation, customisation, workshops, training
- Knowledge of other Office 365 collaboration tools and ability to relate these to SharePoint and each other
- An understanding of typical change management issues associated with deployments of SharePoint and Office 365 and experience of leading the customer through the process
- Experience engaging with customers at the early stages of a project to match business needs to Office 365 features
- Experience across multiple sectors and a keen interest in understanding how each client’s world works
- An ability to work individually, to manage one’s own time and prioritise competing demands for attention, including being able to set realistic dates for work to be delivered and committing to them
- A willingness to be proactive in approaching and collaborating with colleagues from different parts of the business in order to establish yourself and help identify and progress opportunities with current and prospective clients
It would be useful, although not essential, to have experience of any of the following:
- Experience developing solutions with tools such as Power Automate (Flow), PowerApps, Microsoft Forms
- Experience developing bespoke CSS/JS solutions, especially for SharePoint Online
- Experience with Dynamics 365 for Sales, Service & Marketing (CRM)
- Experience with other Workflow tools such as Nintex or K2
You’ll build strong relationships with prospective and active customers across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to improve their business through the pragmatic use of technology.
Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We quickly reward those who perform well. Continuous personal and professional development are also important to us, so you will be supported, guided and mentored every step of the way. You’ll not only continually develop and learn new skills, but will guide and mentor others too.
About us; we’re different
We’re a business and IT consultancy, on a mission to help our customers build a better business. Headquartered in Durham, with offices in London, Glasgow and Sydney, we’re passionate about working in partnership with our customers to provide them with unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to their business.
Continuous personal and professional development are important to us, so you will be supported, guided and mentored every step of the way. You’ll not only continually develop and learn new skills, but will guide and mentor others too.
Our culture and values are super important to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our ‘people first’ ethos means that we look after both our customers and our own people – who are empowered to make their own decisions, but are always supported. We don’t measure time, we measure achievements; that’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package allowing you a great work-life balance and the opportunity to really develop your knowledge and skills, which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Company profit share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Opportunity to develop professional skills
- Support to gain industry standard qualifications
- Free parking at our Glasgow and Durham offices
- Season ticket travel loan
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading IT and business consultancy firm, with an amazing people-focused culture and ambitious growth plans.
Our recruitment process
We'll be in touch to let you know whether we'd like to progress your application. Initially we arrange a telephone conversation and if we seem like a great fit for each other we'll ask you to come in for a face to face discussion with our hiring team. Success at this stage means we'll then ask you to complete an online technical evaluation followed by a further final stage technical interview.