About the role
We’re looking for a passionate and ambitious Software Developer to help shape our global bespoke services; creating high quality, creative software solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading IT and business consultancy firm, with an amazing people-focused culture and ambitious growth plans.
Working within a multi-skilled, cross-disciplinary bespoke software team, our developers are innovative and self-motivated. We’re proud of our people: they all have excellent skills in communication, problem solving, and teamworking.
The role will be based out of our Durham office, although flexible working is available, and some travel to and work from clients’ sites may be required.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for technology and problem solving, who is ready for a new challenge. You’ll build strong relationships with prospective and active customers and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to improve their business through the pragmatic use of technology.
Strong candidates will enjoy using technology creatively; possessing a desire to understand how businesses work, and an ability to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. As a member of our team you will be a part of many exciting projects: from getting a charity’s website up and running; to helping plan, architect and implement large scale systems for multinational organisations. And everything in-between. You will predominantly use the Microsoft .NET stack, but we recognise that good developers can transfer their skills from one technology to another.
- Developing software within a multi-tiered application
- Working with stakeholders to understand their business or operational requirements
- Describing the functional modules of a software architecture that you’re familiar with
- Great interpersonal skills
- Self-awareness and self-reflection
Please note: if you are a new or recent graduate (say 2 years of experience), a graduate role may be more suitable for you. Please contact the People and Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Specific knowledge of Microsoft .NET stack using C#
- Good coding practices such as dependency injection
- Using modern front-end frameworks e.g. React
- Unit testing
- Version control
- Agile delivery e.g. as part of a Scrum team
- SQL Server
- Continuous integration and build automation
- Experience of technical consulting
- Business Intelligence focussed technologies, e.g. PowerBI
- Design and develop high quality bespoke software for our clients as part of a team and though consulting activities.
- Talking to clients about their requirements, understanding what they mean and making recommendations which give great value.
- Work with people internally to collaborate on high quality creative solutions to really unusual problems.
- Preparing quality written work, using good communication skills and explaining complex issues to non-technical people
About us; we’re different
We’re a business and IT consultancy, on a mission to help our customers build a better business. Headquartered in Durham, with offices in London, Glasgow and Sydney, we’re passionate about working in partnership with our customers to provide them with unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to their business.
Continuous personal and professional development are important to us, so you will be supported, guided and mentored every step of the way. You’ll not only continually develop and learn new skills, but will guide and mentor others too.
Our culture and values are super important to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our ‘people first’ ethos means that we look after both our customers and our own people – who are empowered to make their own decisions, but are always supported. We don’t measure time, we measure achievements; that’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package allowing you a great work-life balance and the opportunity to really develop your knowledge and skills, which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Company profit share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Opportunity to develop professional skills
- Support to gain industry standard qualifications
- Free parking at our Glasgow and Durham offices
- Season ticket travel loan
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading IT and business consultancy firm, with an amazing people-focused culture and ambitious growth plans.
Our recruitment process
We'll be in touch to let you know whether we'd like to progress your application. Initially we arrange a telephone conversation and if we seem like a great fit for each other we'll ask you to come in for a face to face discussion with our hiring team. Success at this stage means we'll then ask you to complete an online technical evaluation followed by a further final stage technical interview.