We’re looking for the right person, not for specific backgrounds. You'll have a passion for technology, a creative problem-solving skill set and a desire to grow with us.
We're an anti discrimination employer and we’re committed to ensuring diversity and inclusivity. We won't discount someone based upon technical skills alone. We recruit people who are committed to our values-based approach and want to develop and prosper in a people first organisation.
We're looking for an enthusiastic individual with the capability to deliver technical solutions in one or more of the following areas:
- Infrastructure (e.g Servers, Storage, VMware, Backup, DR, Nutanix, Windows)
- Unified Communications (e.g Skype for Business, MS Teams, Mitel, Gamma)
- Modern Workplace (e.g O365/M365, Intune, Autopilot, SCCM, Citrix, Horizon, Azure AD/identity)
- Security (e.g Email filtering, web filtering, MFA, AV, ATA/ATP)
Some of the skills we’re interested in include:
- You’ll be self-sufficient and be able to work independently
- You’ll be self-motivated and use your initiative
- You’ll be ambitious and invested in your own self development
- You’ll be a critical thinker and will come up with innovative and creative solutions to problems
- You’ll demonstrate strong stakeholder management
- You’ll be a critical thinker
An exceptional candidate will have:
- Wider academic achievement and industry recognised accreditations
- Previous experience in a consultancy environment
- Previous experience working in a project driven environment
- Solid business and commercial understanding
As a Solutions Engineer you'll build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to improve their business through the pragmatic use of technology.
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you.
Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
About the role
We’re not a typical IT or Consultancy organisation. We provide industry specific knowledge and expertise and help shape the future for our clients by partnering with them.
You’ll be passionate, pragmatic and ready for a new challenge. It is far from your average job and you'll be working with a variety of our clients across the UK and beyond.
As part of the Technology Solutions team, a Solutions Engineer is responsible for the hands-on technical implementation of solutions for our clients. Working with the Solutions Architects in the team, who will design the high-level architecture, a Solutions Engineer will maintain technical ownership of a projects deliverables throughout the project lifecycle and provide hand over of completed projects to the Managed Services/Remote Services team.
While the role will predominantly revolve around the technical implementation of a solution, it is expected that some involvement in Solutions Architecture and customer requirements gathering will be required. The focus of the role will be in technical implementation, but opportunity for Solutions Architecture will be available.
We're ISO accredited and are committed to ensuring and developing our quality standards and measures. This is an important part of what we do to ensure we're continually raising standards.
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it.
We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, we're committed to diversity and inclusion. We have a working group who are helping to raise the profile of equality, diversity and inclusion both internally and externally and we encourage applications from everyone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach.
That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available
Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We'll do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you.
Once you’ve applied, we'll be in touch to let you know whether we'd like to progress your application. Initially, we'll usually arrange a telephone conversation which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other.
From there we'll arrange an interview which will cover both personal skills and professional abilities. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us, no matter the outcome, so are keen to hear what you think of us too.
Job reference: 12/2020