A security critical environment
As a high-technology company in the security business, OpSec Security Ltd has critical IT issues:
- High security requirements.
- Continuity and consistency of production.
- Tracking customer relationships.
- Technical speciﬁcations and process control issues for consistency and quality.
- Highly specialised traceability issues.
- A vast variety of IT requirements which no one person could fulﬁl.
Waterstons have taken over the day-to-day running of IT at OpSec, providing services such as:
- Daily remote server and back up checks to provide continuity and security, combined with regular site visits and ad hoc project work as required.
- A full security audit by a CISSP qualiﬁed consultant, including presentation and support to an external security auditing body.
- The development of generic, highly specialised, web-based, track and trace systems to track anti- counterfeit products.
- The creation of a process control system to manage production consistency.
- The development of a web-based Management Information System (MIS) which presents information from the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
A flexible partnership
The remote and onsite contract has enabled OpSec Security to retain full control of IT while at the same time relying on Waterstons to manage all the day-to-day issues, concerns and responsibilities on their behalf. The contract has been designed speciﬁcally to match the needs of OpSec Security so that there is a ﬂexible mix of remote and desktop support, specialised project and security work, business consulting, IT strategy and bespoke software development in a balance agreed in advance with OpSec Security each month.
The security advice and consultancy has been instrumental in OpSec Security obtaining some of the specialised anti-counterfeit work from a range of client organisations which demand high- security audits. The track and trace systems are now used as a marketing tool, representing added value to OpSec Security customers and a unique advantage to the projects.
“Waterstons’ professional approach has considerably raised the quality of our BI and we are now conﬁ dent we have a reliable, current and supportable IT system”Bob Smeeton Finance Director